Thread: Its Friday Yehaw ....kick back and enjoy

Its Friday Yehaw ....kick back and enjoy

cheers

My attitude exactly today Rob...good to know I'm not alone.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

who said i dint have etkitt, looks are deciving and attude prevails
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Glad to see you like both kinds of music....

Country and western...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

A line in one of the songs says "i know a guy from New York City, never been south of Queens"

reminded me of the first time i set foot on American soil.

I had been on a plane for 17 hours and we landed at Kennedy airport. Then got a chopper over to Manhattan with a couple of NYers that had just been out of New York for the first and only time in their life.

When the chopper landed and we got out, they got down on their knees and kissed the ground. Said they aint leaving again ever.

I never forgot that incident something real funny in it to me when you think of how "street smart" you gotta be in NY.

Oh but its changed a lot since then.

My son just found out he has redneck in him so he is exploring the C&W music. Guess i finally educated him and got him to give up the rap for a few minutes. Now we go from 50cent Rap through to Toby Keith and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fulz4ytZ54 all in the space of 15 minutes.
    cheers

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    better watch out Rob next thing ya know you'll be watching NASCAR
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    better watch out Rob next thing ya know you'll be watching NASCAR
    and tipping cows.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

My music choices are very eclectic and from different languages. Oddly I like roots and bluegrass music, but very, very, very little country or western. On the other hand my wife is a big country and western fan. When I drive her car my hand automatically turns the radio off to pre-empt any kind of "music" that might be playing. Then I set it to my favorite NPR station just to mess with her.
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

Great tunes Rob

Rob, that first video you linked to brought back memories of my traveling rock band days, although from a bit different perspective. Our entourage was made up of eight guys...five of us onstage, a light man, sound man, and manager. None of us looked too frightening, but there was some long hair involved, and sometimes clothing choices that the locals might not have thought of.

When we'd show up at a restaurant to eat, quite often the whole place would fall silent as soon as we'd walk in the door. All the dinner conversation and clinking of eating utensils would come to a dead halt. It wasn't uncommon for the hostess to seat us in the banquet room in the back, for fear we'd scare off customers. (Despite our looks, we were quiet, polite and courteous.) One time as we were leaving the back room of a Denny's some hick town in Montana or Wyoming, we walked through the main dining room, and just like our entrance, the place went silent. Right as we got to the door, our sound man turned to the gape-mouthed diners, took a bow, and announced "And we do tricks, too!"
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com