Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Darren's Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Caughron View Post
    Well if you are going to buy a new one hang on as I just ordered one and almost fell over at the price and then found out that I had already talked to the cheapest guy. Man them doors are expensive
    Yup, my SIL works for the company that owns and manufactures for the Over Head Door Co...she gets a pretty good discount. Still out of the budget right now, but if the funds become available, I'll be upgrading.
    Darren

“A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.” Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

Important update...not as important as the beverage container will be, but has been cold enough out there I haven't needed one yet. I put some of that photo paper to use that Tom Niemi gave out a while back...Thanks again Tom!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0721.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	65680 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0722.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	65681 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0723.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	65682 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0724.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	65683
    Darren

“A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop.” Robert Hughes (1938-2012), Australian art critic

Ok now you need high security alarm system. I am on my way to KC to get that paint book. You been holding out on us not declaring your cowboy ways eh? Cool signs. Now i think of it my shop really could do with some wall decorations. Not wall much space left in my office.

Very cool signs there Darren. Excellent use of that paper.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

Rob, I found that sign at the local Re-Store for $5 about 2 years ago. A local Steak house had done a remodel and they had donated probably 200 different cowboy pictures/posters, not to mention cowboy/farm items laying around for sale. I had called my sister, she has a log cabin and it was right up her alley too. Will definitely keep you in mind if I come across another gold mine like that again.
    Darren

Spent the last couple of nights doing some clean-up and getting things out of boxes that I haven't seen in about 2.5 years now, found my shop aprons and welding shirt finally! Put some leg extensions on one of our folding tables to use for a temp bench for now.

Name:	IMAG0735.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	65817

Also got my mats put down in front of the main bench.

Name:	IMAG0734.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	65818

Here's some close-ups of the upper signs I put up the other night.

Name:	IMAG0726.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	65819 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0725.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	65820

Also got all the windows cleaned inside and out and opening again, man were they stuck.
    Darren

Is this the sequel to Homer's Odyssey? It has as many interesting "moments." However a bit different than Homer's.

Thanks for the trip.

Enjoy,

JimB
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

I was cleaning up behind the office and found enough materials to start my outfeed table/bench yesterday. I cut the dado's on the radial arm and chiseled them out, then assembled each side using 3" screws.

Name:	IMAG0797.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	66364 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0798.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	66365

I used a 3/4" plywood for the top, which will have 1/4" hardboard over it and a hardwood edge.

Name:	IMAG0799.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	66366

The stretcher is temporary, didn't have enough material to finish framing for the lower shelf, but it will be tall enough to store some of my rubbermaid tubs that I store hardware and fasteners in.

Name:	IMAG0800.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	66367

Also temporarily installed the Bessey vice I've had for a while.

Name:	IMAG0801.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	66368
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 04-02-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: typo
    Darren

I had an outfeed table once. Problem is that it always ended up stacked with "stuff". Enough, that I was constantly clearing it in order to run the table saw. Now I just use a roller stand that I move in place when needed. Good luck with yours!
    “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” - John Ruskin
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” - Oscar Wilde

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind. I have the feeling that I'll have to move it down the road and go back to using my roller, we'll see though.
    Darren