Thread: Klonked by a klamp

Scappoose, Oregon

Klonked by a klamp

One of my more "bone-headed" endeavors...

Last Friday I was lifting a workpiece from the bench when struck on the head by a falling pipe clamp. Didn't even see it come loose. Seems the piece caught the lower end of the wall-mounted clamp and lifted it right off the wall hanger.

Really hurt and opened my scalp, but LOML said it didn't require stitches.

But I'm very fortunate it was the pipe body that struck me, and not the clamp. I'd be a mess if one of those edges had done the business.

And today, it's just sore to the touch. Needless to say, the clamp storage rack got a modification over the weekend and I moved the bench away from the wall for further work.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Be careful there Dan and oh since there no pictures I guess it didn't happen so you should be OK.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Ouch. Glad that wasn't worse. Heal fast.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Delton, Michigan
    you do need to watch those klunks to the noggen a friend of mine hit temple area with the corner of a shelf when he had bent over and came up to see what made a noise, it hurt like the dickens and then he went in with a head ache it ended up causing him to loos part of his vision.. probably a fluke but we dont grow new eyes so be careful of the klunking...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

OUCH!....I think we have all been there, done that, and got the t-shirts!

North West Indiana
    Yep, back in the bull riding days, a buddy got konked on the temple with a horn, knocked out for a couple of days, still blind in that eye.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist