Plane totes finished and fitted

Rob Keeble

Well i promised you pictures and true to my word here they are. Figured they go on a new post in project showcase now they done.;)

So here are the totes

IMG_0363.jpg and here is the one that never got away with a plug in the hole:DIMG_0365.jpg

Now you see the totes and the knobs fitted to my Dads No. 4 hand down and my new Canadian No.5 handed down from the Ambassador.

IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0367.jpg
You can see the No.5 has been flattened and cleaned up Larry and its a got a new brass screw.

IMG_0369.jpg

Thanks again Larry.:thumb:

Used satin wipe on Minwax poly on the totes this time. Oh and learnt a lesson about buying tins of poly that i want to pass out here. The tins with the metal screw on caps man they terrible. New minwax lid is clip on clip off seal with plastic way better. My old stuff dried up.

Toni if you get to see this i can understand why you like carving. I used a little carving logic on the second tote and o la la it was great to shape the top back end of the tote. Still used the rasps though.

Last edited:
Ja ( this is the SA version of yes:rofl: not the German one) Rennie i can see where your mind is, you still on honeymoon eh? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haven't even started the honeymoon yet! Maybe that's the problem?:huh:

Jan went back to Indiana on 7/28. She had to work one additional month to qualify for her retirement. Now that that's out of the way, we're trying to sell her condo/townhouse. Don't know exactly when she'll be back for keeps in Idaho.

Anyone out there want to buy a really nice townhouse in Elkahrt, IN?:wave::wave: