Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love my wife

I love my wife

She asked me yesterday why I havent bought the saw that doesnt cut your fingers off yet.(the sawstop)
    she doesnt care what it costs, she asks me if I think my thumb is worth 2000 bucks.
    Gotta love this woman.
    As soon as I finish up what IM working on, and shop gets taken apart I told her.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    She asked me yesterday why I havent bought the saw that doesnt cut your fingers off yet.(the sawstop)
    she doesnt care what it costs, she asks me if I think my thumb is worth 2000 bucks.
    Gotta love this woman.
    As soon as I finish up what IM working on, and shop gets taken apart I told her.
    In spite of all the flack Sawstop has received, and some of the magazines that ran the ad, it seems as though they were right on the money claiming that their saws were "wife approved". After all, who cares more about you and wants you to keep all your digits? (apologies to those who feel the ad should read husband approved - it can go both ways)
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Dude I would have been on the horn already having it delivered.

Don't care what anyone thinks about the saw or owner but it's one awesome saw. We have a sawstop ICS at work. One of the guys tripped it buy accident trying to cut metal laminate. I almost couldn't find where the blade had touched the material. Hopefully it wakes up the other manufactures to start getting innovative cause they missed the ball with this one.
    Last edited by Alan Bienlein; 08-12-2010 at 12:01 AM.

What a lady
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Congrats, Allen. She's a keeper for sure. A SawStop is one woodworking tool my wife would be very glad to have me buy, and she's said so. Just don't have the bucks to pull it off right now, so it'll have to wait.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Yes, SawStop is the real deal. Kills me to say that it is on the short list.

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    Gotta love this woman.

Can someone explain to me what's great about this sawstop?
    thanx and congrats Steve. wonderful news.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

cynthia, do a google search for sawstop and watch the you tube videos,, this saw will not cut your finger it has a brake system to prevent it..as long as it is on and not over ridden.. great saw for a safe cut.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia White View Post
    Can someone explain to me what's great about this sawstop?
    thanx and congrats Steve. wonderful news.
    Besides the safety feature that stops the blade before it can do any serious damage to you fingers it is also an awesome design well built machine.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

The key thing is even with the saw stop, it pays to practice safe methods when using any power tool, even one with a brain like the sawstop.

If you are doing something on a table saw and it doesn't feel right, it isn't. Stop, think about it and consult the manual.

I think of the sawstop as being like airbags. If you drive safely and defensively, you'll never need it. But every now and then something will come out of left field and then it'll save you.

Many people have used non-sawstop technology saws over the years without using fingers. Those folks followed the rules.

So, I'd say, make sure you learn about how to use the table saw safely, and you'll be fine... The saw stop just adds an extra degree of safety for those who use the table saw properly.

And on top of everything else, it's a darn fine piece of engineering...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash