Shhh! Christmas gifts, Thanks Vaughn

What's the saying? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? I shamelessly stole the plan for these cutting boards from Vaughn.:eek: Woods are rock maple, cherry and poplar heartwood. Finish is mineral oil. Thanks for looking.
Victor

Attachments

• image59.resized.jpg
    image59.resized.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image60.resized.jpg
    image60.resized.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image61.resized.jpg
    image61.resized.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image62.resized.jpg
    image62.resized.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image63.resized.jpg
    image63.resized.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 38
Those look awesome, Victor. :thumb: The joints look spot on, and I like your choice of woods. Somebody's gonna be real happy this Christmas.

Here's the knife you need to go with those cutting boards...

3-D%20Knife.jpg

:D

Great looking boards,I have copied the tutorial so I can give this a try. Can hardly wait to try it myself. What a great place to spend my time (FW) So glad to have so many neat guys helping me along.:D:thumb::rofl:

Thanks everybody for the compliments. I enjoyed making these boards. I did things slightly different than Vaughn. I prepared my stock about 41" long and glued them up at 60 degrees to minimize waste. Doing this yielded both cutting boards about 12x15". This worked well except for the last crosscut which ended up trapezoidal due to lack of registration on the fence. I tried using biscuits but decided, after gluing the first 4 crosscuts together, that I preferred cauls. I used titebond 3 in 90 degree heat and felt the biscuits inhibited alignment of the points. Clear as mud?