Arts and Crafts/Mission Style Entertainment Center

scott spencer

Finally... a completed project from my shop this season! I seem to get time for fewer and fewer projects these days, and this one’s been on my bench since spring. It’s an A&C/Mission style entertainment center made of quartersawn white oak and oak ply, with cherry bow tie inlays on the top. Dimensions are roughly 68” x 22”d x 29” high. Construction is mainly glued dados and pocket holes. The corbels are doweled, and the door grids are half lapped. The finish is a mixture of early american and colonial maple, with a poly clear coat. Most of the QSWO was salvaged from the Widmer Wineries.

Before:
000_0355.jpg

000_0362.jpg

After:
EnterntainmentCenter008.jpg

EnterntainmentCenter009.jpg

EnterntainmentCenter003.jpg

EnterntainmentCenter016.jpg

EnterntainmentCenter007.jpg

Sweet Entertainment center Scott:thumb: that salvaged QSWO is awesome, super ray flecks, nice job:) One of those is on my radar in the near future, will have to study yours for ideas:thumb:

very nicely done scott,, maybe i should start driking wine if it make oak look like that:) the bow ties are nice touch.. and the qswn oak is premo!!!!:thumb::thumb: maybe you dont get alot out of your shop this year but what yu did is worth the wait...:thumb:

Lovely, just lovely. You ought to be very proud of yourself.

Prolific is not the same as good - in most cases. There are exceptions. However, the point is to enjoy the build and then enjoy the results.

You done good. Enjoy.

Great job, Scott!!! Now the real question on this build.....which saw blades did you use????:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Jim.

Now there's a question! :D :huh: This thing was on my bench so long I prolly used most of my arsenal! Let's see...CMT 210.080.10 for the plywood, Amana RB1020 20T ripper, Infinity Dadonator, Infinity Super General, Infinity 010-060, DeWalt DW7640, and the Tenryu RS25550. :thumb:

Thanks for the comments everyone...much appreciated.