Rabbet plane wanted

Hey Carol, I found you a rabbit plane:

3356183828_f41d06f270.jpg

Very nice collection Bart did not realize you were such a Neader. How come you dont spend more time in the Neader forum. Dont tell me you been in the spinny vortex while owning a set of tools like that.;):D:thumb:

Rob I'm kind of a wannabe neander I use chisels & a hand plane once in a while & have done a bit of sharpening. I want to get my back saws sharpened professionally & not do it my self. In the pic I am mortising for hinges using my Router plane. I like using hand tools & need to have the time & materials to make a place for them. I would use them more if they were all stored properly & all nice & sharp. Larry will tell you I have them stored all over the shop, just where ever I can find a place to put them.

Attachments

• router plane 2.jpg
    router plane 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 18
i will attest to what bart said about them being hidden everywhere,, for a small space its full:):thumb::thumb: also he is kinda like steve southwood ,bart has a knack for finding deals:thumb:

Ok, now look at Bart's second and third pictures and someone tell me how to cut the angled/bevelled hole in that plane.

I sent this note to Roy Underhill asking for some insight from him:
I am guessing you would be a good candidate for the correct answer.
>
> My thought is that a specially made large skewed conical head with a blade in a brace was used by the makers originally. Kind of like that tenon maker you have used on your show.

Hi Bill,

It is kind of a taper auger (if I understand the question) similar to
(but finer than) the one in the attached drawing.
TaperAuger.jpg

It ends up in one of the most beautiful forms in all of woodworking tools!

Best to you!

Roy Underhill