Daughter up to bat with hollow forms

Dan Mosley

I got turn another hollow form today and I was really liking how things were going. I was turning the section near to the neck and I think the cutter must have moved (or I had it set to thin) on me because I sliced thru the side wall in one part of the vessel. Soooooo, I stood there cussing for a bit and then thought ahhhhh well and I was going to throw it in the firewood pile when my daughter came out. She asked about it and I explained what happened and was going to throw it out - but she wanted it with the addition of a cut out pattern she drew on it.

Picture 1,2,3 - Im not over thrilled about it but she likes it and wants it finished shinney with a top. So next step is the top and to finish it. Currently sitting inside after a couple coats inside and out with DO........11" tall and 7 1/4" wide

Picture 4 was a refinish on a bowl - very bland - daughter wanted it dark reddish color so .............walla.........spray laquer finish and now drying. A bit to dark perhaps but again she likes it ......4" tall and 7" wide ....LOL

Picture-5 tall vessel sitting inside to cure the 3 sanded in coats of Do that were put on.......10" tall and 6" wide

Picture -6 is my cluttered counter top in the TV room where I keep some turning stuff (small container of DO, OOOO steel wool, grey scotch pad, assorted finials, reading glasses). My wife does not like the clutter there but ignores it because I explained that everybody that turns has this stuff at there bar counter.:huh:

Attachments

• Large hollow.jpg
    Large hollow.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Large Hollow-2.jpg
    Large Hollow-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 36
  • Large Hollow-3.jpg
    Large Hollow-3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Hollow-4.jpg
    Hollow-4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Clutter.jpg
    Clutter.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Larry your right and I may just do that.....she can use it for a lamp....

Yep she saved it from the designer wood pile i have.......but today is another one for turning or so im hoping with some workers comming and I have to be around so I just may get a bit more time out there to try again.