My best day in my shop since i built it

Rob Keeble

Hi All

Well i gotta say a long time ago Glenn Bradley said something that has been reverberating in my ears for a long time. I have been waiting and hoping and persevering.

The day finally came. Glenn i finally reached the stage where i could walk in the shop first thing in the morning, and come out at 4:30pm.

What a great day. I owe a lot of it to all of you. The thinks i have learnt here and the tips one sees and the day comes when it all slots into place and you gave "rolling woodworking" (couldnt say thunder since it aint raining here)

I think i used every machine and handtool in my shop (well just about except for the lathe)

Today was a flatwork day. It felt so darn good. :p:):):):):):D:thumb:

I hope its happening for you guys too.

No jig building, workbench worked perfectly. Aircon kept shop cool.

Router Ladys tips were remembered and the magic washer found;):rofl::thumb: to make a template.
And those "new" planes.....ohhhhhhhhhhh i am lost for words to describe it.

So a big thank you to all of you. I would never have got their without ya all.:thumb:

Dont get me wrong i aint saying i was perfect. Just for once it was really enjoyable and not frustrating.:thumb::thumb:

Ya gotta love it. I remember not too far back I started to realize I was saying "I've got something to do that with" more than "if I only had a (blank) I could do that". It really ups your enjoyment when things are handy, ready and functional. Glad you had a good one Rob. Here's to many more.

No pics didn't happen!:rofl::rofl:

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable productive day in the shop. I find myself in the shop more often now even though I do this for a living. It just seems more enjoyable lately. I wonder if it has something to do with all the tools loml has bought me recently.:dunno: B ut it's nice to be able to do things now without having to rig something up to do it.:wave:

It amazes me that some daysI can go down to the shop at 8am and think about taking a break to get a cup of coffee and look at the clock and it's past lunchtime. (for that matter it amazes me even more that I didn't go upstairs to use the "facilities" :rofl::rofl:
Glad you had a good productive day Rob :thumb::thumb:

Good for you Rob. Have had a couple of good days in my shop, but look forward to the full day, complete what I want to complete, stretch, yawn and look about my shop before shutting off the lights and locking the door and thinking to myself, "what a good day I had!". I do admit to many GOOD days when building it though!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys much appreciated. Steve we had 5 weeks of piece around here since the NN has been away. They got back yesterday but no action yet. Guess they were jet lagged. :D;):thumb: They dont affect me and my shop anymore.:)