My first cutting boards

Tom Niemi

Staff member
We have a wedding coming up in October for a friends daughter and since I am waiting on my brother for plaster work I took the time to make part of their gift and while I was at that I made one for the LOML also. They are 18" x 13" (13 because that is my lucky number:thumb:) The boards have no fancy design or pattern I am letting the wood I chose do that. The first is Cherry with Jarrah accent strip with a little curlie maple and my wifes is Jarrah with Cherry accent strip and a little more curlie maple. Special thanks to my bud Larry for use of his wide belt sander (yep again:p) to be sure there was no blow out of the grain in the curlie maple:)

Attachments

• Cutting Boards 1.jpg
    Cutting Boards 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Cutting Boards 2.jpg
    Cutting Boards 2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Wedding Gift.jpg
    Wedding Gift.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 49
  • LOML's Board.jpg
    LOML's Board.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 44
Way to go Tom:eek::thumb:, after you put such fine wood into cutting boards how can the rest of us make them in future from scraps.:rofl:

I agree with loyl, they way to good to cut on. Very nice choice of wood good mix.:thumb: Finish came out really good. Saw some of that curly stuff at the lumber yard other day and man it was up there in price.

Handy having a bud up the road with a wide belt eh?:D;):thumb: Good on you too Larry hope he brought the barley hops with him.:)

Must have been nice not to be doing kitchen cabinet work for a change hey Tom.

Rob Keeble;232820 Must have been nice not to be doing kitchen cabinet work for a change hey Tom.[/QUOTE said:
Nope still on the little things that I keep remembering that need done:p you know all those last minute "OH RIGHT" I still need to..........:rofl::rofl::rofl: