Ok lots of sanding to do

Chuck Thoits

So we have this job and all of these need to be sanded.
Now there is just over 4000 LF of 6 inch v match/ double bead sitting there.

Attachments

• tn_sanding 001.JPG
    tn_sanding 001.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 79
  • tn_sanding 004.JPG
    tn_sanding 004.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
To look like these which she sanded with this.

Attachments

• tn_sanding 002.JPG
    tn_sanding 002.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 121
  • tn_sanding 003.JPG
    tn_sanding 003.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 124
So cause I lover her I got her this.
Yes this has been a stealth gloat.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh and that chair behind the sander is road treasure for her also.:thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• tn_sanding 005.JPG
    tn_sanding 005.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 158
4000LF to be sanded with a hand sander:eek: what better reason to pick up the new sander:thumb: that will come in handy for SO MANY projects congrats on it Chuck:) what are you doing with that much bead board:huh:

Way to go Chuck nice stealth gloat.:thumb: Good pick up on the chair. You gonna recover that?:dunno:

I dont know much about wide belt sanders but this has got to be a big vote in favor of that machine for you to buy it or was it just at the right price?:)

Way to go Chuck nice stealth gloat.:thumb: Good pick up on the chair. You gonna recover that?:dunno:

I dont know much about wide belt sanders but this has got to be a big vote in favor of that machine for you to buy it or was it just at the right price?:)

I don't know what she will do with the chair. But the same day I also found a brand new ratchet strap on the road:thumb:
As for the sander it was what my tool store had ready to take home and use today. :thumb: I have no idea if the price I paid is fair but that's what happens when the time between get the job and start the job is short and I didn't have the time to wait for one to be shipped. All of that has to be sanded have 3 coats of polly and be installed in less than 5 weeks.:thumb:

Say Chuck? Are you going to finish before installation? Spraying?

That is the plan. My painter is a bit well shy of ladders and there is one vaulted ceiling and the stair well ceiling is well not what you call right on the ground.
I am going to get me a set of stilts to do the install.:thumb:
As far as spraying I think I'm leaning that way. I could shoot the first 2 coats than sand it and shoot the last.:thumb:

Chuck, a few years ago I helped my big brother paint some new condos. We pre-finished the trim before installation (hand stained and sprayed lacquer. I made some drying racks that greatly facilitated the process. With the 4 or 500 sticks you have to deal with I highly recommend you consider, if you haven't already, building some. Need any ideas? Also...those are tongue and groove...correct? Will poly on the tongue interfere with installation? I'm sure it will look good when done, but man, all them sticks!

Ok the sanding is done :thumb:
The sander I bought to do the job didn't work on the pine boards.:(
So they did all this with 1/4 pad sanders.:eek:

Attachments

• tn_pump 001.JPG
    tn_pump 001.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 29
  • tn_pump 003.JPG
    tn_pump 003.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 32