Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Dance ....... Happy Dance!!! I DID IT!!

Happy Dance ....... Happy Dance!!! I DID IT!!

I did it, I did it............ I DID IT!!

Today I rode 46Km/29 miles

I went down to a place called "Daiba" they have this HUGE wind turbine there, it was NOT going for some reason today, even though it was windy...?

I left late, like 5PM and it had cooled off a lot, came home in the dark..... Well, Tokyo never really gets "THAT" dark

I think I like these night rides, I am going to get one of those orange and yellow vests with the flashing red LEDs on it and go for more night rides, way cooler, and a LOT less traffic too, not to mention fewer peds

The steed at the wind turbine

At the 22Km/13.5 mile mark of the ride, yep I'm tired, but I'll stop for some cold water and a banana and then head home!

Today, my wife and I had discussed going out to Costco for our monthly shopping trip, but today was the last day of summer vacation (we don't get a day off, so I tend to forget the rest of the country takes a few days off) the traffic on the express way was backed up for miles and miles.....

.... sure glad I don't have to deal with that!

I also tried to take a pic of the night sky and skyline, but I was as the peak of a very long fairly steep bridge and I was shaking.....

...... and the light was fading, and.... hmm, can't think of any more excuses for the lousy pic
    Oh, I know, I took it on my iPhone, not the best camera out there

So, that is 2 hours and 23 minutes of riding and my cycling computer says 19.3Kmph or 12mph, still not fast, but lots of starts and stops with traffic.

I just weighed myself for kicks 264 pounds I was 269 this morning, now I know most of that will be water, I did drink about 3 litres on the ride, but I'm sure most of that will be back on tomorrow morning :

Oh well.

I really tried to not shift down for the long sloping hills, also known as bridges, I just slid back in the saddle a bit and pushed harder, boy a few times did I ever feel the burn in my legs, but that is good,I'm building muscle!

Now I need to eat, but I'm wiped, and it is 930PM here, and I've only eaten like 860 calories, I think I'll ask my lovely wife to cook me some chicken saute and have some genmai rice (brown rice) that will add some protein and some complex carbs

Oh, I did have about two small gulps of some new beer we have from a mirco brewery here, it is Mango beer, it was GOOD OK that puts me over 900 calories....

Whoo Hoo!

That is a longer ride than I'm training for!

Tomorrow I do the second day of my running program, boy my legs are going to hate me

Thanks for letting me share!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Congrats!!!....damn I have a problem driving that far!!!

Way to go Stu!
    -Ned

Way to go Stu, stick with it, i envy your discipline. It will all be worth it in the long run.
    cheers

Thanks guys!

The long run, yeah, I have the C25K to do tomorrow morning.... I'll keep my teeth clenched to not cough up that lung
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Yeah buddy! Congrats on quite an accomplishment. I would've been looking for oxygen around the 3 mile mark.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Good job Stu. Pain is weakness leaving the body. Eat lots of protein.
    Victor

A picture is worth a thousand words.
    A video is worth a thousand pictures.
    Experience is priceless.

Up until a few minutes ago, I had only eaten 906 calories today, but my lovely and talented wife made me this.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honey_mustard_lemon_chicken.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	48265

.... Honey Mustard Lemon Chicken I also had about 100g of Genmai, which is the healthy brown rice.

Bath and then bed!
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Skellett View Post
    ...Pain is weakness leaving the body....
    Oh, I like that Victor

Huh, I see it is a USMC saying, cool!
    William Arthur Ward

Good job Stu, keep jumping those hurdles.