Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Bits on Sale - Amazon

Milwaukee Bits on Sale - Amazon

I just picked up a couple hundred dollars worth of bits for about $35 with free shipping here.

Mil's bits are no Freud or Whiteside but they are generally worth about half their MSRP in my experience.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

WOW...just got mine

55 bucks for about 400 worth of bits....this deal won't last loong

Thanks Glenn!!!

By the way..I just received my order and these new Router bits are outstanding..A+++++

If they still have the ones you need, order them with no hesitation. I ordered some more. I now have paid $75 for about $500 bucks worth of bits.

Good luck

Hey Dom and Glenn

I have a few questions to ask about these bits. I only by 1/2 inch shanks now so when i look at those left in the half inch shanks it looks to me like they are very long bits. Like 4 1/2 inch length and 2 inch or more cutting length. That is a very long bit for anything you wanna rout. I am trying to figure out the use of some of these. Sure they are a bargain at the price but i aint sure i will ever use them. There are very few with a bearing that are half inch shanks.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Hey Dom and Glenn

I have a few questions to ask about these bits. I only by 1/2 inch shanks now so when i look at those left in the half inch shanks it looks to me like they are very long bits. Like 4 1/2 inch length and 2 inch or more cutting length. That is a very long bit for anything you wanna rout. I am trying to figure out the use of some of these. Sure they are a bargain at the price but i aint sure i will ever use them. There are very few with a bearing that are half inch shanks.
    One of the bits I got was for Cabinet door lips....1/2 inch collet. Huge bit. But doing 3/4 inch stock should be no issue with it. There is a space on top for a bearing. The Dovetails I got....one in 1/2 and one in 1/4 were perfect. No complaints here Rob.

Thanks Dom i guess i jumped in to look a little late.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Like 4 1/2 inch length and 2 inch or more cutting length. That is a very long bit for anything you wanna rout. I am trying to figure out the use of some of these.
    I have a Freud, 3" cutting length, 1/2" diameter flush bit. It was used to dress the layers of my laminated MDF workbench top. I picked it up for a song at a show and it is not the sort of thing I would buy 'just to have handy'. I have had no other use for it since ;-)

P.s. They were already running out of the more popular profiles later in the day that I posted. It was one of those luck of the draw sorts of things like the Norton 3X sandpaper sale at Peachtree, I checked the site 4 hours after I got the email and they were out . . . whew!
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 08-23-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have a Freud, 3" cutting length, 1/2" diameter flush bit. It was used to dress the layers of my laminated MDF workbench top. I picked it up for a song at a show and it is not the sort of thing I would buy 'just to have handy'. I have had no other use for it since ;-)

P.s. They were already running out of the more popular profiles later in the day that I posted. It was one of those luck of the draw sorts of things like the Norton 3X sandpaper sale at Peachtree, I checked the site 4 hours after I got the email and they were out . . . whew!
    Here is a pic of some of the ones they shipped me. Raised panel bits were 9 bucks...the Grey ones are the new ones. The slotted bits were 5 dollars I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0701.jpg  

Oh well since we're gloating, now

Here's my haul:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	48601

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	65.7 KB