View Poll Results: Who do you normally order your magazines from?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • The publisher of the magazine you want?

27 93.10%
  • An online discount magazine source. (If you pick this one, please post who you have used with both good and bad results.)

2 6.90%

Thread: A side question to Larry's magazine thread

A side question to Larry's magazine thread

Which way do you order magazines? Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 08-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Jim, my usual approach isn't available on your survey. Two ways I generally order, through my Junior class sales event (their money making venture for prom) and if I see a magazine I like, I will generally buy one from the rack, they are then full of offers so if it proves true in the "reading room" at home, I will send in the form and get it. Get Wood and Woodturning Design at this time.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Thru loml! She usually cleans the subscription cards out of the mags before I get them. If she sees one for a mag I don't get she'll ask if I want to subscribe and if I say yes she takes care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Jim, my usual approach isn't available on your survey. Two ways I generally order, through my Junior class sales event (their money making venture for prom) and if I see a magazine I like, I will generally buy one from the rack, they are then full of offers so if it proves true in the "reading room" at home, I will send in the form and get it. Get Wood and Woodturning Design at this time.
    Me too, sorta...
    Got kids or Grandkids? They are constantly coming home with fundraisers from school. I will select a mag to help them out, but mostly I stroll he aisles at the grocery or Barns & Nobles for an interesting find.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I see a magazine and pic it up because I like something in it and next thing I know LOML has a subscription in my name. Often I have to tell her which ones not to renew.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward