May As Well Take Advantage of the Hot Weather

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ever cooked in your car?

http://www.wikihow.com/Bake-Cookies-on-Your-Car-Dashboard

I used to make breakfast burritos in bulk and freeze them. In the morning, I'd microwave a couple, wrap them in foil, and set them on the engine block of my Jeep before leaving for work. I'd drive the Jeep all over the jobsite, then mid-morning I'd pop the hood and grab my still-hot burritos. I also used to see the asphalt crews put cans of chili or stew on the burner at the back of the asphalt paving machine in the morning, and have steaming hot food by lunchtime.

When I was in the Army over in Germany, we were on field exercises our mechanic that drove the tow truck, put a can of beans of the exhaust manifold of his tow truck. He got a call to pick up a jeep, and forgot about the beans. The can exploded all over the engine. he had quite a mess. :( :rofl:

I don't remember any beans exploding, but back when canned biscuits were just coming into vogue, circa about 1954 or 55.. my grandmother bought a can.. maybe the only can she ever bought, and since they didn't have a refridgerator, only an ice chest, she set them on a kitchen table, planning to use them the next day. Texas summers get pretty warm and without AC houses weren't cooled much... Biscuit dough is pretty sticky and pretty hard to scrape off the walls, expecially if you want to save the wall paper.

It has been my experience that beans can cause LOUD explosions. :D

Some of you might remember a verse my Grandmother taught me...

Beans, Beans, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot
the more you toot the better you feel
so let's have beans for every meal! :rofl:

Last edited: