Walnut (and other) Supplier in SoCal

glenn bradley

I'm in the Inland Empire and have been using Reel Lumber, Riverside due to convenience and selection. As of late their walnut supply seems to consist of the same boards I've passed on the last 3 or 4 visits. I was going to take a run to their Anaheim location but thought I'd see if anyone has recently been to a yard that they liked.

I am aware of Bohnoff in L.A. and Austin in Santa Ana. I have not made it to Petermann's yet. Any of you in the Riverside, Perris, Corona, Temecula, San Berdoo, Ontario, etc. areas have other yards that have worked out for you?

TIA

Aside from Bohnoff, the only other hardwood store I've been to is Arroyo Hardwoods, but it's in Pasadena (close to Rockler)...not really close for you. If you were driving all that way, you might as well just go to Bohnoff. The prices at Arroyo are full retail (Rockler-level), but at least they are open on Saturday. Bohnoff is open on weekdays only.

...I am aware of Bohnoff in L.A. and Austin in Santa Ana. I have not made it to Petermann's yet. Any of you in the Riverside, Perris, Corona, Temecula, San Berdoo, Ontario, etc. areas have other yards that have worked out for you?

TIA

Less variety than Austin, but better prices - try Orange Lumber & Hardwood. Main & Dyer, in Santa Ana. I used to buy a lot of stuff there when I lived in Tustin.