Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project pictures

Project pictures

I'm new here and got pretty excited when I found this forum. I spend most of my day building...well maybe more destroying, wood working thingys and each day develops more "What do I do now?" However, to get to the point, I want to see what others have built....is there a place on this forum to do that? I did manage to complete some projects and am willing to share but I would really enjoy seeing what others have done also. I'll give you a link to one of my projects on youtube. In return I hope someone can steer me in the right direction to see what the others have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgbUV7xv_sk

This is my first post so I don't know if my signature will show up or not
    Ken
    Wood worker wannabee
    W0CSC
    Semper FI

Welcome Ken.

There sure is a place it's called the flatwork project showcase. Just click on it and any thread with a paper clip has pictures in it.

Thats really cool Ken.

I'd love to make something like that. The grandkids would have a ball.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    Welcome Ken.

There sure is a place it's called the flatwork project showcase. Just click on it and any thread with a paper clip has pictures in it.
    I'll echo the welcome , and mention there's also a Lathe Project Showcase area that's similar, but much more well-rounded than the Flatwork Project Showcase.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Ken,
    First of all welcome and that is one amazing Rube Goldberg you built. With your abilities both mechanical and woodworking you need to get with the guys and build an Organ..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Welcome Ken, Thats an Amazing Fantastic machine! After I watched your video I saw this one: Gear Cube

Freaked me out, I may not be able to sleep tonight with that going thru my head!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

This is where the class acts are

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodman928
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Very cool machine you built there Ken. I've never seen elliptical cogs before, I was amazed.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Don - interesting that you would mention an organ. I have in fact built my version of the John Smith 20-note and have it enclosed completely in 1/4" plexiglass. I actually have built three of them and a 44-note calliope as well as.....as in my sig I really enjoy building musical instruments. However I try as much as possible to stay with woodworking so I build as much as I can from wood. I guess I should go over to the organ thread and jump in. This whole site has so much to offer its going to take quite a while to skim through it all.
    Ken
    Wood worker wannabee
    W0CSC
    Semper FI

Love your machine Ken
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.