Project pictures

Ken Schweim

I'm new here and got pretty excited when I found this forum. I spend most of my day building...well maybe more destroying, wood working thingys and each day develops more "What do I do now?" However, to get to the point, I want to see what others have built....is there a place on this forum to do that? I did manage to complete some projects and am willing to share but I would really enjoy seeing what others have done also. I'll give you a link to one of my projects on youtube. In return I hope someone can steer me in the right direction to see what the others have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgbUV7xv_sk

This is my first post so I don't know if my signature will show up or not

Welcome Ken.:wave:

There sure is a place it's called the flatwork project showcase. Just click on it and any thread with a paper clip has pictures in it.:type:

Don - interesting that you would mention an organ. I have in fact built my version of the John Smith 20-note and have it enclosed completely in 1/4" plexiglass. I actually have built three of them and a 44-note calliope as well as.....as in my sig I really enjoy building musical instruments. However I try as much as possible to stay with woodworking so I build as much as I can from wood. I guess I should go over to the organ thread and jump in. This whole site has so much to offer its going to take quite a while to skim through it all.

Don - interesting that you would mention an organ. I have in fact built my version of the John Smith 20-note and have it enclosed completely in 1/4" plexiglass. I actually have built three of them and a 44-note calliope as well as.....as in my sig I really enjoy building musical instruments. However I try as much as possible to stay with woodworking so I build as much as I can from wood. I guess I should go over to the organ thread and jump in. This whole site has so much to offer its going to take quite a while to skim through it all.

Ken although I've not yet been caught up in the organ vortex, I have looked on from afar and based on what I saw with your mechanical abilities I fwelt it wa a natural fit. i LOVE TO SEE WHat you have built.

Ken, that machine is awesome. :thumb: I guess one's imagination is about the only limit with automata, huh?

And Jay, I've not been keeping up on the organ build thread, so I didn't know you'd finished your John Smith Senior. I loved your video. I had a big ol' smile on my face by about the third head-bop from George. :p

Welcome to the family Ken. Great machine you got there. Nice video of it too, could see everything clearly and how it all works. :thumb: You should look up the organ thread here and consider building one of those. :)