Got to love Flea Markets

Coming home from Indy, I was forced to stop at outlet malls. Part of the conditions to agreement was flea markets are fair game. The first one we stopped at was big. 1 1/2 acre under roof and a/c. http://www.exit76antiques.com/ Nice place.

Picked up this 113, $70 little worried about the price, but I did get to see it and look for defects.

DSCN0143.jpg

And another small hand drill, $5

DSCN0139.jpg

rabbit plane, $5

DSCN0140.jpg

I also got to look at a very nice #2 SW Stanley, but the $300 price tag was out of my league. This after the wife EVEN told me to buy it. He had lots of nice tools in his sale area. Bedrock's even. $600 for those. Seen over 50 wooden planes. Probably will make a return trip in the fall, as I now am qualified for customer appreciation weekend:D

On down the road we stopped at Scottburg, I think. Lots of shops in the town.

Victor $10, missing some pieces.

DSCN0138.jpg

Misc bits and marking gauge, $10

DSCN0144.jpg

got this awhile back, can't remember if I posted or not Stanley #3 size handyman

DSCN0042.jpg

i would say yu done good steve, am looking for a 113 myself.. and i dont think you got hurt on the price.. i do have a question to ask those that may know the naswer... how does one go about resquaring a try square like shown in above pictures.. does the nail prick method still work and if so which side do you go to get it to mover your direction..right side move left and left side move right?

Good haul there Steve. I think i gotta talk to my missus about letting me stop at fleamarkets. She knows me and something like this.:D

So i take it you are now entering the serious collector category?

Still trying to stay away from being a collector. It does look like a collection, when you look at it as a whole.

That made no since, did it?

Guess I just like buying them up so some donkeys behind can't make $ off of them on eBay.

vaughn to answer your question on the 113 .is yes it can be adjusted for a varied amount of radius to do curved work..they are fragile in the gearing they say, but i havent used one that broke.. but i have seen them with broken teeth.

I've never seen a Stanley 113 before. It looks like the angle of the iron is adjustable. Is that correct?

Well...yes...and no...

It's actually the sole that adjusts. It can be made to curve either convexly or concavely, by turning the front knob. The blade mechanism - blade/frog/lever cap - are fixed, but the blade's actual 'angle of attack' varies somewhat with the degree of curvature in the sole.