Lamp Lighting Question ?

Dan Mosley

Today my daughter asked me if I could put a small light in the bottom of one of the vessels she liked. ---see picture below----I bought a 6 feet snap in socket kit from HD--see picture below... because it was all I could find that may work. The others were to large and meant for big lamps.

I have never attempted to make a lamp this way. She wants the light in the bottom so it glows and lights up the holes in the vessel. The hard part is figuring out how to put it in the bottom.

Anybody done this before ? or know an online site for something that secures from the bottom and does not stick up very far ?

Thanks Dan

Attachments

• P1010032.jpg
    P1010032.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Saturday Out of Soak-1.jpg
    Saturday Out of Soak-1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
That should be pretty straight forward to install. You'll probably have to just drill out the bottom for a hole big enough for the bulb to go through, but small enough yet that the clips on the light adapter catch on the sides of the hole.

A 4 watt bulb shouldn't put off to much heat, but if you're concerned about it. You probably could line the area round the bulb with some of the aluminum tape for sealing heat ducts.

You also may have to groove out a channel on the bottom for the cord to recess into.

:lurk:

To drill out is easy enough - 1" hole per the instructions - but with the socket in it and clipped the bottom of the socket still sticks down a bit to much I think - or I can make a smaller bracket that will make the bottom of the socket sit more flush which sould be easy enough out of some scrap sheet metal I have (a couple drops of Ca will secure it in well).

That should be pretty straight forward to install. You'll probably have to just drill out the bottom for a hole big enough for the bulb to go through, but small enough yet that the clips on the light adapter catch on the sides of the hole.

Ill get the bulb probably today because all I have now is a 50watt Halogen bulb but the 4watt is a better solution.....lining is a good idea also..thanks

Yes a channel is what I would have to use because I do not think there is enough stock to bore a hole in the side and bring the cord out of it on this particular pc. I could always put some soft material over the bottom to hide the carve out to.

Thanks for the ideas.............Dan