Bottle Stopper Question

Garry Foster

A year or so ago I saw some cast Bottle stoppers with Armed Forces insignias in them. Now all I can find is some clearance Navy Sea Bees ones at Arizona Silhouette. Were they a one time production run or are they still available somewhere. I would like to find the USMC one. (Marine Corps).

Thanks Garry

I'm pretty sure Penn State a/k/a PSI has them.

Frank
I won't say they aren't there but I couldn't fine them. And Arizona Silhouette says they are no longer available.

I guess I should have done what I used to and bought them when I ween them and put them on the shelf...but I have so many projects on the shelf I have been trying to quit that the last few years..

Garry, as far as I know, Arizona Silhouette is the only place selling the 3-D cast acrylic blanks like that. Ed Davidson (yoyospin) stopped making them, but his partner Derek (dunno his last name) is apparently still making them for AS. If you haven't already, you might try calling AS and talking to Bill Baumbeck to see if the USMC blanks could be made again.

I went online to buy some military insignia for my veterans organization. Normally, I wouldn't have been allowed to make the purchase but I called the manager and explained the purpose. She made the sale and shipped to me. Worth a try.

Garry, as far as I know, Arizona Silhouette is the only place selling the 3-D cast acrylic blanks like that. Ed Davidson (yoyospin) stopped making them, but his partner Derek (dunno his last name) is apparently still making them for AS. If you haven't already, you might try calling AS and talking to Bill Baumbeck to see if the USMC blanks could be made again.

Vaughn

I may try that but I found a link to the specific one on AS and it said "no longer made". I just got an order in from AS last week so I may ask if he has one laying around for the next order.

Bob, I agree with you the coins would be great except for two things.

1. I'd have to buy two of each one I want because I like both sides and 2, they are $10 each.

Might check out Packward Woodworks they use to sell different medallions for things like that. Maybe contact Yoyospin, he uses to make the blanks, I think. He is a great guy. Always helpful.

Gary, I was thinking about insetting them into the top of a wooden blank.

That would nice Bob but I was really fond of the 3d effect when I saw it a year or so ago. It's one of those little things you see store away for when you get time. Well now that I have actually turned 5 or 6 things I wanted to try one of them only to find them unavailable.

Not a big deal it is just I wan't expecting them to come and go so quickly. I had "assumed" they had wider availability but it seems that per Vaughn they all came from one guy and I expect he tired of production rather than artistic type work. Maybe his partner will bring them back.