Spring Hammer?

Aaron Beaver

I saw this guy demonstating hammering in a nail with this spring loaded thing. He would pull on it and it would come flying down and hit the naid. He said it was as much force as a hammer.

Has anyone seen these, know what they are called? I wasn't sure if this thing was for just brad and finish nails or it would work on regular nails as well.

Thanks for any info.

Do you have to re-cock (I sure hope I'm spelling that right) it everytime or is there some trigger mechanism that automatically cocks it?

This was just a hand held, hand powered deal. You put one end over the head of the nail, pull back on this spring and let go. It would come down with a lot of force and drive the nail in after a few whacks. It was only about the size of a pen.

Here ya go Aaron:

Link to spring loaded tools

These are all punches and/or nail sets, not hammers. They're intended to start a hole (center punch) or finish driving the nail (nail set), usually below the surface. They're not intended for doing the entire job of driving nails, but I suppose they could be used that way...:dunno:

- Marty -

Thanks Marty,

The demo was showing how you could get into some tight spots with them, and thats why I think he was driving them all the way down. At least I know what the are called now.