The Bagger

Ron Roase

This is not a fancy project but a very usefull one. Could almost fit intothe Jig catagory. In the area that I live, they have just passed a law that we must use paper or decomposable bags for our leaves in the fall. I have so many trees that I needed to have a way to more easly fill those paper bags. So I made up a cart like device that holds the bag open and gives me a platform to rest the container from myyard vac on while filling the bag. It is mobile so easy to move about. Also a place to carry spair baggs on board. Made from Pine 2x2s with half-lap joints,glue & screwed to gether. Plywood for the shoots to direct the leaves into the bag.:D:thumb:Front view of bagger.JPG

Rear view of bagger.JPG

Bagger loaded .JPG

Great idea Ron. I have to agree, those paper bags are hard to keep open and upright sometimes. So is the box on top stepped down (or inward) for the bag to go around it where the clamps are?

Edit: Nevermind...should have looked closer...yup

Now there is an innovative idea. Well done Ron. I can see you selling a few of those if you made them in a kit form and put up a website. Cheap lumber so cost should not be a problem. Serves to satisfy a real need coming at us in a few weeks. No trees in my yard so i have no problem.:D