Went to a wedding 43 years ago today--

Ron Jones

It was hot, rainy, humid and the very best day of my life. You have heard the old expression time flies when you're having fun--we know it to be true. Our son starts training for a new job on Monday. We are both retired now and life is great!:thumb::thumb:

Congratulations to both of you. The sixties were good, we're going to celebrate 44 years in November and time does fly when you are having fun. The scarey part is that our Son, who is a police officer has just a little over 9 years to go when he can retire. He won't be 55 so will have to work a little longer to get the police pension.

Thanks for the kind replies. I still have certain athletic responsibilities with the school system where I taught for 42 years. That's right--I had a football game tonight. Becky's been used to things like this so we will celebrate tomorrow evening. There's this really nice out of the way steak place in Terre Haute she likes. By the way we won our game 34-7. Life is good!:rofl::thumb::thumb::rofl:

She was happy last night. A really good steak and a 130 mile round trip to one of her favorite cities. We did a little shopping and went through one of the nicest municipal parks in Indiana if not the mid west. Tomorrow I start working on the den/home office/junk room--that makes her smile too.:rofl: