Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stu

Stu

Can you believe? Stu eats miso.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Been known to eat it myself! Makes a heck of a soup!
    Jesus was a Woodworker

I've heard he even eats his fish Raw!

And some of it is stuff Frank would use for bait!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I LOVE miso, you should try a miso sauce on venison, it is the BEST

I also really like tofu now too, but good tofu, the stuff that is a bit chunky and not all soft and gooey

Sashimi, the raw fish, yeah, love that too, but only certain kinds, there is lots of stuff on the plate here that I won't touch with a 12' cattle prod
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I'm sure this is what Frank is talking about......

Funny story

I just got back from a pick up, the shop was out of Miso, which is a staple Japanese food product, it looks like peanut butter but is is a paste made from fermented soybeans.

The shop we buy it from is about 5 km/3.1 miles away, not far at all, but the area is rather congested, tons of peds to avoid, so taking the trailer would be really slow and bothersome. I was only getting ten 1kg bags of miso, so I just went on the bike with my messenger bag. I got there in no time, no trailer and I can really haul the mail now (for me at least!)

On the way back, man alive, I could not believe how freaking heavy ten kilos is!! (22lbs) but then I remembered that I've dropped 16kg/36 lbs

Also on the way back to the shop there is a longish hill that I used to struggle going up in 3rd gear, today I stomped up it in 5th gear while carrying the extra 10kg/22lbs on my back, and I was NOT wasted when I got to the top either

Freaking hot and humid here too!

I'm drinking about 4L of water a day and going through three shirts, but I'm winning the Battle of my bulge!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

My favorite around the corner shop from work in SF served the best Miso soup (I usually ordered the veggie style to keep it light, because it came in a quart cup). Miss it so much.

Maybe if I could have it around here my little birdie would be closer to the head of the snake.

Sharon, I'm a big fan of it in the winter in soup mode, I like mine with green onions and small chunks of tofu, tastes great and really warms the belly. It is very healthy too!
    William Arthur Ward

One definition I found said it smells, can we say 'stinks?' might bad.
    Made from fermented stuff. Whatever floats yer stick.
    BTW, I do like some of that 'bait' stuff raw.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    One definition I found said it smells, can we say 'stinks?' might bad.
    Made from fermented stuff. Whatever floats yer stick.
    BTW, I do like some of that 'bait' stuff raw.
    It might stink when they make it, but Miso has a very nice smell, it is very salty and tasty.

You might be thinking of Nato, that is also made from fermented soybeans, and it stinks, BAD, but it is very healthy. My wife and daughters like it, but then they eat it, and I'm not kidding, I leave the room, hate that stuff
    William Arthur Ward

OK, if you endorse it, Stu, I'll try miso sometime.
    Nato was the mystery food on an Iron Chef show, you could smell it over the TV.