Busy around here.

As some of you may have read in an earlier post my wife and I are hosting a young lady from Germany for the school year. All is going well except for a few times, but she is a teenager. She is doing marching band so I take her to school by 7:00 for that. Then she is also playing volleyball which practices after school till 6:00 or 6:30 so I work late and pick her up on the way home. Now if that isn't enough my daughter called me and said that she was engaged and getting married in 7 months. I am letting the wife handle that since I had offered to help. I was told no on all my suggestions. I am not allowed to see her dress until I take her down the isle. I told her that I don't buy sight unseen. My wife then says I'll pay for it. I had some ideas for the reception, but was told to sit down and I couldn't get up until it was time for the daddy-daughter dance. I am happy for her and he seems to be a great guy. He loves to hunt and fish so they fit the wedding in before spring turkey season. I'll be around, but busy.

Way to go Rex! Sounds like a great all around situation... :thumb: :thumb:

I learned from a few weddings I participated in that it all went much easier if I just kept my mouth shut, did what I was told, and did it with a smile on my face... (Of course there might have been beer involved, which generally helped my disposition)....

Looks like congratulations are in order. The teenager from Germany is just an extension of parenting that you both did with your daughter.

Rex, welcome to the club! My youngest got married this June, next Sunday my oldest gets married here on our farm! Yep, just show up and walk where you are supposed to and do what you are told. It is her day. Congratulations, sounds like she has a good one.

I had to :rofl: being told to sit down or do this or that and shut up is standard around here. As oddball said in Kellys Heros, " i am the driver .....shes the mechanic" Taxi service for hire thats me. Only a few more years.:D:thumb::thumb: All the best with the arrangements. Just get the chequebook out.

I pretty much had the sit down and shut up thing down after being married for 32 years. Looks like the kid learned something from her mom. I tease my daughter a lot and wouldn't have even taken me up on my ideas. They have been looking at places for the reception and it is pay when booking. Min so far is $4000.00.
PS. the credit card is out. Hope it doesn't die of swipe diease.

Congrats to your daughter Rex. It's a good thing you already built that shop...maybe you should suggest the reception should be in it...you'd save $$ on the venue rental and just think how clean it would get beore the event. :D:rofl:

As some of you may have read in an earlier post my wife and I are hosting a young lady from Germany for the school year. All is going well except for a few times, but she is a teenager. She is doing marching band so I take her to school by 7:00 for that. Then she is also playing volleyball which practices after school till 6:00 or 6:30 so I work late and pick her up on the way home. Now if that isn't enough my daughter called me and said that she was engaged and getting married in 7 months. I am letting the wife handle that since I had offered to help. I was told no on all my suggestions. I am not allowed to see her dress until I take her down the isle. I told her that I don't buy sight unseen. My wife then says I'll pay for it. I had some ideas for the reception, but was told to sit down and I couldn't get up until it was time for the daddy-daughter dance. I am happy for her and he seems to be a great guy. He loves to hunt and fish so they fit the wedding in before spring turkey season. I'll be around, but busy.

doesnt sound good rex:D never let them have that much rein,, you will never get them back in the harness again :D as for the new SIL well sounds like winner and at least you can get some of your investment back in future hunts and trips together... this is just one day,, tell her to save her money and put it on the house payment:) but not in frt of the better half that way you can deny you said it:D:rofl::rofl: congrats and good luck!!!

Well I only have 1 daughter so I guess that I can splurge once. She has already bought a townhouse and he has a house. The problem is the houses are 100 miles apart. She has talked about renting her townhouse out to the 2 girls that rent from her now. Guess you know who gets to check in and do any inside repairs. I do think that it is good that she is moving to his house as it shows that she is subjective to him. Also don't think the neighbors would like to see a deer hanging from the balcony to cool.