Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zig Zag

Zig Zag

It took three tries to get this and it still isn't what I want. You can see this being made at dennyedwards.com the select Movies then Zig Zag. ALL comments welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zig Zag.jpg  
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 08-30-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: updated link for Denny

now thats some tricky gluing and to have it hold together on your lathe is even more amazing ,,nice looking piece
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Not sure why you wouldn't want that. Looks like it was a lot of work and it turned out great!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Well Dennis, I'm not a turner, but if I was I would look through your tutorial several times before attempting a project like that.

It has been really interesting and fun watching your video, thanks for posting it.

As per the results that you expect, I can understand you very well, in my last flatwork project I made several pieces two and three times before I was happy enough with them.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Nicely done. There is a how to article in the latest edition of Woodturning Design also. I think yours is as pretty as any I have seen. Very nice.

Not sure what you don't like but that is a beauty. Really well done.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: That’s when you return from work one day
    and say, “Hi, Honey, I’m home – forever.”

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Lovely bowl there Dennis. Watched the video and boy you sure got the patience.

If this is not what you want, i am guessing that what you wanted is a double layer of the zig zag that you had to cut out?

Either way it sure came out neat.
    cheers

I also went and watched the vid. Thanks for taking the time to make it and posting. I am really intrigued with segmenting bowls, but gotta say, I don't think I have the patients for it. Is there plans some where for making one of those presses.

Very cool bowl, Dennis. It's late and I'm too beat to watch the video, but I'll check it out later. Thanks for taking the time to make it and share.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I looks like a fun project, nice work. I'll have to catch the videos later tonight.

BTW...Welcome to the family!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault