Bosch Glide Saw

Okay, dumb question time. How do three of you have one each, one paid 700, another 500 and another 300??? Except for electronic settings they are the same saw and it can sit against the wall and still reach out and cut a 2X12??

Okay, dumb question time. How do three of you have one each, one paid 700, another 500 and another 300??? Except for electronic settings they are the same saw and it can sit against the wall and still reach out and cut a 2X12??

One of us got hosed.:(
Mine was not quite 700 and no it didn't come with a router.
Bart's is not digital and does not have a laser. So theirs 400 or so.:thumb:

Last edited:
So where did you get the idea it doesn't have a laser??? Funny I have this little red line that is right where the blade cuts.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cause I didn't see the switch to turn it on.:thumb::thumb:
But now that I have gone bake and looked again I can see the laser in the pic. But I still don't see the on switch. :dunno::dunno:
Mine is up in that control panel above the saw.:thumb::thumb:

I have the Makita LS1013 that I am very happy with. The Bosch looks tempt-ing but I can't afford 700.00 for the saw. That said however, 700.00 for the
Bosch beats 1300.00 for the Kapex.

I have the Makita LS1013 that I am very happy with. The Bosch looks tempt-ing but I can't afford 700.00 for the saw. That said however, 700.00 for the
Bosch beats 1300.00 for the Kapex.

Well i'm not a professional builder ,but iam upgrading my Electra Beckum one and seriously looking at the bosch, ( need more clearance under the blade) together with the gravity table it would make a perfect site tool, i already have the Bosch table saw on the gravity table and it makes it so portable, its perfect, now only if they could make my planer also portable it would be perfect

I've got a Makita 10" slider too and am pretty happy with it, but as the bosch article points out keeping it true is a never ending task. I use mine to mostly rough cut and some minor fine work, but will always turn to the table saw sled for true angle cuts.

I think the main problem in my setup is the operator:wave:. I find that I can easily push the saw head out of alignment without really trying.

It would be nice to find one that is rock solid. I am planning on giving the festool version a good once over at the woodworking show in feb over in St. Louis....Then it will take me another year to figure out how to pay for that thing!