New pics of my shop

Thanks Bill, I enjoyed the slideshow of your shop...it looks like you use your shop and that makes a guy feel right at home.:thumb:

Hey Bill,
Steve took the words right out of my mouth. So many shop shots look like the equipment has never made any dust - yours is clearly a working shop. Saw lots of things I liked, overarm blade guard for TS, miter hood, etc.

Was that a Domino in image 11?? Whaddaya think about it?

I noticed the Esposito quick tension lever on the bandsaw. I have your plans for it but have not been using my bandsaw lately so have put off building one. I need to put that higher on my list that is for sure.

That's a cheapo Reliant 14" bandsaw w/riser....a clone of the HF one. It's probably the last large tool that "has" to be upgraded.
Ah, I thought it was an older cast frame, it's different shape than I've seen, so wasn't sure what it was.

My next home will have a door built to accomodate the next bandsaw I want, Yates-American Y-30/Y-36. It needs about 8' +change door, unless you put it on it's frame, but they weigh about 2500-3000 lbs. I think...:huh: doesn't seem like you want to turn it on it's frame, IMO...

Thanks all, yes it's stuffed and it's dirty. I'd love to have a new non-cracked epoxy covered cement floor and another 10' of width :) ....Not to mention good insulation and no drafts :)

But I told you I got a new camera, here's a Panoramic view

Jesse,

Yes, and I like it...what else do you want to know :)

Hey Bill,
I've been curious about the Domino. My itch is on the psychology of the thing. For instance, when I use pocket screws or biscuits, I feel like I'm taking short cuts and not really doing fine work. I wonder if using the Domino feels more like mortising or more like biscuiting - if that makes sense?

Another detail question - how deep a mortise will the domino make?

Thanks in advance!
Jess

Hey Bill,
I've been curious about the Domino. My itch is on the psychology of the thing. For instance, when I use pocket screws or biscuits, I feel like I'm taking short cuts and not really doing fine work. I wonder if using the Domino feels more like mortising or more like biscuiting - if that makes sense?

Another detail question - how deep a mortise will the domino make?

Thanks in advance!
Jess
Jesse,

I don't mind answering questions here but I think you will find more info on festoolownersgroup.com and from smarter people than myself regarding the Domino.

I actually feel the same way as you with regard to screws and I virtually never use biscuits. In my opinion loose or floating tenons are just as craftsman-like (even David Marks uses them) as integral tenons and there is in my opinion no difference in using the Domino to cut the mortise than using mortising machine or a router....just a different tool. So if you're not making your mortises and tenons with handsaws, chisels and planes there's no difference in the perceived craftsmanship no matter which power tool your use.

The deepest mortise is 28mm (1.1")