a lot of wood

Chuck Thoits

Someone on my sanding thread said that there was a lot of pieces of wood in them piles.
Well that's nothing compared to the number of pieces that have been used for this.
That table saw is a real work horse :thumb::thumb:
You might find most builders are afraid to take pics like 1, 2 and 3. I on the other hand am not.
There was three palates like the one in pic 7 This one is the last one and about half gone.
So more on this table saw I read the reviews for it on amazon. One guy said don't buy it. It will not rip a 1/4" piece of maple.
Well it does not even come with a rip fence. not that a whole .9 amp motor is really going to be all that tough.
Another guy said don't buy it there is not enough blade adjustment. Pretty hard to adjust a blade up and down on a saw that has no adjustment at all. Yet another said don't the blade wobbles. well the blade that come on the saw is pretty cheese ball and the off set on the teeth is way over kill and makes the blade look like it is wobbling but really it's not.
So all in all the saw is really a pretty good buy for 50 bucks. Why just today alone I bet I made better than 50 cuts with it. Granted I'm cutting ceder but that's close enough to the balsa that it is made for

Attachments

• tn_sidding 001.JPG
    tn_sidding 001.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 84
  • tn_sidding 002.JPG
    tn_sidding 002.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 82
  • tn_sidding 003.JPG
    tn_sidding 003.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 76
  • tn_sidding 004.JPG
    tn_sidding 004.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 84
  • tn_sidding 005.JPG
    tn_sidding 005.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 83
  • tn_sidding 006.JPG
    tn_sidding 006.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 82
  • tn_sidding 007.JPG
    tn_sidding 007.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 80
  • tn_sidding 008.JPG
    tn_sidding 008.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 79
  • tn_sidding 009.JPG
    tn_sidding 009.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Wow :eek::eek: What a job you got Chuck. You doing that all alone? I never knew they made Cedar shingles like that. Why would someone want it non cedar color?:dunno: I thought the attraction for cedar shingles was the cedar cut wood look??? Can you educate this African newbie Canadian.:)

You doing a great job. How long you had the saw? Dont look like the switch held up too long:rolleyes: but for $50 what do you expect from the poor thing after you put it through its paces. Thank goodness it cannot see the huge pile its still got ahead of it.:rofl::rofl:

It seems to be the in thing to buy per dipped (stained) cedar shingles :thumb:
As to why someone would want to go and wreak them with a colored stain I have no answer.:dunno::dunno:
Me and one other guy full time with a third 2 days a week. But the third has been let go and the other guy don't show up much. :rofl::rofl:
Really he started in the back of the house and worked to the garage. I started on that gable and worked to the garage. The fun thing is you kinda have to do all the sides at once with the woven corners.
I got that saw about a week ago just in time to go up the gables.
In the first day or so the switch filled up with dust and quite working. It seems as long as it's laying out like that it's fine. As soon as you screw it back in it fills up and quiets.
Actually that saws work is almost done we have the back wall and two dog house dormers left to do. F?or the back wall it will just have to cut the corners around windows. When we git up to the dog houses it will have to cut almost every shingle that goes on them.

Beautiful job on the corners Chuck.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
I guess people paint or stain cedar because they want the durability and longevity of cedar but don't want the rustic look when they age naturally.

That's the link Vaughn:thumb::thumb:
"At this price point, you are much better off with the <ighty Mite 4" Tables Saw at Harbor Freight (ITEM 93211-1VGA). There is not even a comparison. The mighty Mite has a 14,000 RPM speed and is more than most hobbyists will need for craft projects."
Tell me this guy does not work for HF. It's the same saw with different paint.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Wow, that is a great job. That is some time consuming and detail oriented effort going on there. It came out fantastic.

I assume the guard was removed from the tablesaw for clarity during the photo shoot and was in place during use ;)

Wow, that is a great job. That is some time consuming and detail oriented effort going on there. It came out fantastic.

I assume the guard was removed from the tablesaw for clarity during the photo shoot and was in place during use ;)

Absolutely the guard is in a safe place at the bottom of the dumpster. That way no one will get hurt on it.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

So it turns out that little saw works 4 times better with a sharp blade.:thumb::thumb:
And I know there is no proof but today the last shingle was nailed on.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Now on to installing all that pine.:doh: