Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its Friday and for the US folks a 3 day week end

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Its Friday and for the US folks a 3 day week end

So what in the works for the week end.
    I'm gonna try to wrap up the church build, Race from Atlanta Sunday night.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Delton, Michigan
    tryun to get a small lumber order ready ,,headed for the east delivery. and to get some parts cut out for another quilt rack.. basically gettun things caught up and me ready for my best time of the year, archery season!!! 36+yrs of it and still lovun it
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Reno NV
    Gotta get the boat ready. I'm thinking I should be able to get it cleaned up enough this weekend to get it licensed and ready to roll next week.

Might also put together a mobile lumber cart w/roof and sides so I can get my lumber out of the garage and free up some space.
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

new york city burbs
    sat-work till 6, get home sweep off driveway,(90 feet of driveway) , then powerwash it in prep for sunday. sun-repaint driveway, put the tent back up over driveway, finish sanding last 2 chairs, apply oil to those 2 chairs, polyurethane other 4 chairs. buy fabric, bunting?, and cushion to make 6 chair cushions, make 6 chair cushions, buy some 2x4 and 2x6s to build a temporary bed frame, pickup a mattress as well, assemble the bed, stain it.
    monday-family day

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Today a meeting, then go to my political party headquarters and make phone calls.
    Tomorrow go to my muzzle loading club and help run and score some events. My tore up shoulder won't allow me to shoot. Shoot.
    Sunday, going to a Methodist church in a neighboring town (I'm Lutheran) and deliver a mini-sermon of thanks for an organ they donated to our church. Afternoon, get in some shop time and yard work. Evening going to a friends house for little get-together.
    Monday? Dunno. Nothing planned. Some shop time and yard work.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Tokyo Japan
    I can hardly remember what a "Weekend" is, I certainly don't remember what a "Long Weekend is...."
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

DSM, IA
    Shop time tonight, at a party for the Iowa football game most of the day tomorrow, Sunday is a house fixerupper day, and monday a picinic in the country with just the wife and daughter and hopefully more shop time after that.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Santa Claus, In
    No auctions this weekend. Bummed out. Might check some flea markets.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Taking the kids to get new phones tomorrow. Have a nephew's B-Day party on Sunday. But mostly packing and getting ready for the move. Don't have hardly any vacation accrued at the new job yet, so will be moving nightly and on the weekends until it's done. Have to fit in time to patch walls, paint, and put down flooring too over the next month as well.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Outside the beltway
    Heading to Va for a dove hunt Saturday relax Sunday and dove hunt Monday. Wife will be out of town.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::