I'm kind of bummed that it's not quite as big as I had hoped, but he still came out pretty well. I thought up a couple of tweeks that I want to do and I may build another one that's a little larger. There's a lot of scroll saw and spindle sander work but it was a fun project. I think I'll increase the size of the patterns for the next one and make a really big boy.
I was surprised just how little material that it took. When I had all of my patterns cut, I was going to head to the supply house and get a nice sheet of 1/4" Baltic birch ply and get started. Just before I left,l I found a partial sheet in my "scrap pile". I figured it would give me a start and I'd finish up when I got the rest of the material. To my surprise I was able to get the whole thing done out of that one scrap piece and it really wasn't that big of a piece. I'm trying to decide what kind of a finish I want to do to it. I'm thinking of light brown stain and that's about it. I don't think I'll even put any kind of a hard finish on it.