Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shots from Saturday

Shots from Saturday

'55 chevrolet 2 door wagon (ok, old iron guys & gals, can you give me the model? I didn't catch it, but it is Not a Nomad)

55 chevy slideshow

Greg tells me that it is a Chevy Belair... thanks Greg, I'm a little hazy on cars built before '64 for Some reason or another....

I also had another fireworks show to shoot last night... I set up early and was playing around with settings etc... when I caught this starscape... 30 second exposure for you lens types.

Gallery for those who are interested.

it was pretty windy, and they set them all off on a relatively short fuse.... one shell with a pretty hefty boomer didn't even clear the trees... I was thinking... I hope that cleared the rest of the display when it went off, but the show just kept right on going, so I guess nothing too spectacular happened.
    Last edited by Ned Bulken; 09-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    -Ned

That's a pretty if pretty is the right word for that Chevy... my first car was a few years newer, but my mom and her husband had a '55 Chevy... I think it was a Belvedere too.... too far back to be certain... I do remember it was pink and grey two tone...
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Maybe I got it right....... Bel Aire. Not positive but pretty shur.
    Interesting feature is this station wagon is it is only two door.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Maybe I got it right....... Bel Aire. Not positive but pretty shur.
    Interesting feature is this station wagon is it is only two door.
    Frank,
    Thanks for the jog... my post above said Mom's care was a Belvedere... it was a Bel Aire... you're older than me so should know better, but think Chevy had both the Bel Aire - a slightly higher end model and the Belvedere, more of a stripped model... most of the add-ons were chrome and two tone paint jobs on the Bel Aire's I think... '55 was before I started driving.

BTW my first car was a '59 Chevy Impala... Red and white, with fender skirts and an "Okie" rake on it... lowered about 4 inches in the rear end. At 80 miles across the San Joaquin valley around Bakersville on highway 99 the tail would lift because of the "wings" on the back end... kinda fun driving when the wind hits crossways and the back end starts to swing around in a yaw.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Nice pics. Hope this inspires B to get going on the '46 Chevy again

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Ellis View Post
    Frank,
    Thanks for the jog... my post above said Mom's care was a Belvedere... it was a Bel Aire... you're older than me so should know better, but think Chevy had both the Bel Aire - a slightly higher end model and the Belvedere, more of a stripped model... most of the add-ons were chrome and two tone paint jobs on the Bel Aire's I think... '55 was before I started driving.

BTW my first car was a '59 Chevy Impala... Red and white, with fender skirts and an "Okie" rake on it... lowered about 4 inches in the rear end. At 80 miles across the San Joaquin valley around Bakersville on highway 99 the tail would lift because of the "wings" on the back end... kinda fun driving when the wind hits crossways and the back end starts to swing around in a yaw.
    Don't get me started on car stories from the 50s.
    BTW, my first car was a '48 Oldmobile with teardrop back end. Straight eight that could be out dragged by a Model T (they Hydromatic transmission should have been called Slushomatic.) but kept winding up speed with no apparent top end.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I believe Belvedere was made by Plymouth, not Chevy. The three levels of Chevy for that time period, IIRC, were Impala, Bel Air, Biscayne
    Last edited by Rennie Heuer; 09-05-2010 at 11:20 PM.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Could it be one of these?

http://www.cars-on-line.com/45366.html

A lot of people tend to forget about the Model 210.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 09-05-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I think Bart has the winner there. I thought the Bel Air was larger than this... it was just about the same length as my Rendeszvous, so not a huge car.
    -Ned

Better days before, and hopefully after....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails car_reduced.jpg  
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash