A bed in 2 hours-the most UNFLATTERING shot ever posted on FW

Oh boy Allen you brought back a lot memories with this build. Great bed and at a very afforable price. :thumb:

I am glad you wife took the shot. heck we get a great laugh out of it. :rofl:

[Sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song]

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful guest
Who stayed with the Levines one week,
to try and get some rest.

The host was a mighty woodworker,
who started seeing red
the day his wife took a pic of him
on his two hour bed, the two hour bed.

The weather started getting nice,
the temps were finally down
so Allen put things in high gear
b'fore the guest got to town, before she got to town.

The bed's now sitting in the house on the middle of Long Isle
with Al Levine...
his family, too.
Some other guests and their wives,
will be coming soon for barbeque,
and leaving with a smile.

(With apologies to George Wylie and Sherwood Schwartz...)

Vaughn you are incredibly creative.:thumb: I could not stop laughing......again.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Had to look up the Gilligans island theme song though. For those like me here it is.

First bed I made was in my first apartment in the Bronx. I was about 21. It was all particleboard, and full sized. Came time to move, and...it wouldn't pass through the door. Nice bed you made there, Allen. And kudos to the photographer, for grabbing such a special "Kodak moment."

Ken you were not the only youngster to build his own bed. My first significant and expensive woodworking project was building my own bed from a magazine. Its quiet a hoot because i had to buy this specially imported wood to do it. Oregon pine better known in North America as Douglas fir. Yeah i spent a fortune to get that pinky coloured pine.

That bed is still with us.:rofl: Have only just recently (month or two ago) dismantled it when eldest moved out. Plan on recycling the wood. It cost way too much in its day. So the wood has been a great traveller. All the way to Africa and back to Canada.

Was my first experience with dowels and dowel jig. Lasted 30 years. I would say i had my moneys worth out of it.:rofl::rofl:

Thank Allen for the walk down memory lane. :thumb:

you deserved a snooze after the lightning speed you used to get the bed done...well done.....now take another nap!:thumb: