spalted pecan hollow form

Well i wasn't gonna post this till i changed the final. Well the wifes aunt came down to see her mom this weekend and she loved it,so she got it.:D She also got a number of other pieces she liked. Didn't like the way it looked in the pic is why i was gonna change it. looked desent in real life. Owell it's gone now so it is what it is.:rofl: thanks as always for looking and all comments welcome.
Steve

Attachments

• 001 [800x600].JPG
    001 [800x600].JPG
    144 KB · Views: 26
  • 002 [800x600].JPG
    002 [800x600].JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 003 [800x600].JPG
    003 [800x600].JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 27
The HF looks nice, and the finial is nice too, but I can see details that I suspect you wanted to change. Kind of hard to make any changes when someone else owns it, huh? :D A happy owner is one of the most important parts of a turned piece, and it sounds like you nailed this one. :thumb:

Stephen, can you tell me the approx deminsions of that. I sometimes have a hard time judging if these are small or large pieces. I think this is a very nice form. Looks great!

Thanks,
Tom

Beautifull piece,love it.You done did good :thumb:
Thanks Ken.

The HF looks nice, and the finial is nice too, but I can see details that I suspect you wanted to change. Kind of hard to make any changes when someone else owns it, huh? :D A happy owner is one of the most important parts of a turned piece, and it sounds like you nailed this one. :thumb:
Yea i didn't like the way it sat in the opening. i made the opening with a resess just for the finial, but it just didn't flo with what was there. If that makes sence.:huh:

Stephen, can you tell me the approx deminsions of that. I sometimes have a hard time judging if these are small or large pieces. I think this is a very nice form. Looks great!

Thanks,
Tom
Tom it was aprox 4" tall x 7 1/2 wide, And the finial was about 2 1/2" tall. I think. These are the other ones she took. the one cherry with holly that i showed not long ago, and a old piece that i really liked, and had been keeping for my self. It was hickory natural edge.

Attachments

• 004 [800x600].JPG
    004 [800x600].JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 007 [800x600].JPG
    007 [800x600].JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: