Easy Wood Tools Article

Teddy Roosevelt

OOooppss, that was "Rough Rider."

Anyway, a very nice gentleman sent me $250.oo for doing him a favor. It was a favor, I expected no material compensation. So, I am going to order my first Easy Rider woodturning tool. The one I used at Vaughn's sold me. The extra money actually $old me. (Craig should send Vaughn a commission.)

My lathe bench is finally ready. It is useable. However, I do have to wire in my emergency turn-off switch tomorrow. Went to the BORG for an extension cord to amputate and use as a power cord...The price was triple Harbor Freight and BORG was 18 ga, Harbor Freight 14 ga.

The downside is the HF cord is bright green. I guess the bright green is visual stimulus to keep me on my safety toes. Anyway, my lathe bench is truly a Larry M. special (If in doubt, build it stout.). I don't know what it weighs; I do know that it has not even thought of vibrating.

Enjoy,

Jim

I have a photo Glenn said I must post. It was drilling a lathe mounting hole while the lathe was in position. Photo will appear soon.

Hey Jim, you asked me a while back what tool we were using on the pendants, and I told you we were using the Ci1 Easy Rougher. I was mistaken...we were using the smaller version, the Ci2m Mini Rougher. Craig makes three sizes, the Ci1 (big), the Ci2 (medium), and the Ci2m (small). We were using the small one. That one or the medium-sized Ci2 would be great with your midi lathe. The full-size Ci1 would also work fine, but might be bigger than you need.

Looking forward to seeing pics of that lathe bench. ;)