Olive wood Vessel

Dan Mosley

Had the day off and worked in the shop for a bit - I took out of soak a Olive wood vessel I turned 3 days ago. Below are pictures of the vessel out of soak and drying inside the house now in the open.

Im thinking of several coats of Formby's Tung Oil - letting dry for a week and buffing with WD and hand wax with Renaissance.........

It is a very easy wood to cut but you have to control the drying along the way because it will crack easy - as you can see in the picture I did not keep it wet and in a couple areas it cracked while i was hollowing - The next one I did after this one I kept it wet with spray bottle until i was finished with the cutting and I didnt have any cracks (that one is now soaking)

On both of them I sanded thru the grits until I reached 180 - then soaked for the 3 days and wet sanded thru 600 today - wiped down well and inside to dry now..............................

Attachments

• P1010036.jpg
    P1010036.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010037.jpg
    P1010037.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010038.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Dan, I took the liberty of moving this post from Steve's pecan hollow form thread. I'm guessing that you intended for it to be a separate thread. ;)

Looks pretty good so far. :):)