Don Baer

Staff member
According to consumer report.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 109
yeah... that's just 'about' right... of the chains i've been in, those stack up about as they say... I'd bump wendy's up a few notches... for the fact that they're drive through, they do a decent fat-bomb.

oh and we recently 'got' several new Five Guys up here in CNY... bad time for me to go on a diet... except they're a serious 'drive' from the house, so I won't be tempted to just swing through and grab a burger. I wonder where Red Robin would stack up on that chart... I don't see it on there... and it's about even with 'fuddruckers' on the 'fancy' restaurant list vs drive through.

Last edited:
That list is missing Fatburger. Double bacon cheeseburger with an egg on top for the win. :thumb: It's a heart attack in a sack, but oh so tasty. :D

That said, I agree with In-N-Out being on the top of this list.

5 guys is killing me.(not really killing me, but its addictive)
I go to the boardwalk to walk a bit, not as much lately, but still go and sometimes just to sit and look at the ocean, but 5 guys put a place a block from the boardwalk, its like a magnet.(long beach)
Its so close, that we can go there and take home and the food is still hot.

5 guys is killing me.(not really killing me, but its addictive)
I go to the boardwalk to walk a bit, not as much lately, but still go and sometimes just to sit and look at the ocean, but 5 guys put a place a block from the boardwalk, its like a magnet.(long beach)
Its so close, that we can go there and take home and the food is still hot.

I'd be in (more) trouble if 5 guys were that close. We finally got a 'decent' pizza shop about 6 miles from the house, they deliver, but we just go and get it and bring it home, just as easy. Allen, you remember just how rural my place is... think ANY fast food other than the local pizza will 'ever' go in out here? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Never heard of "Five Guys..."

Actually that whole list is pretty interesting, in that there are SO MANY chains in the US that are not up here in Canada. And yet I can't think of any burger chains that have originated up here and still persist.

(Agree that In-n-out is pretty good, but I've only been there once.)

I'm sure the order of that list would change dramatically if you did the survey at bar closing time vs. lunch time. ;) I've not eaten at the In-n-out yet. There's one just around the corner from my parents place in AZ, so will have to give them a try when we're down that way later this year.

I'm sure the order of that list would change dramatically if you did the survey at bar closing time vs. lunch time. ;) I've not eaten at the In-n-out yet. There's one just around the corner from my parents place in AZ, so will have to give them a try when we're down that way later this year.

Darren,
When you go order the Double Double Animal style. It to patties with cheese, grilled onions lettuce, tomato and their own secret sauce. You wont see it on the menu, it on the secret menu, also you can get an order of fries animal style too.

Darren,
When you go order the Double Double Animal style. It to patties with cheese, grilled onions lettuce, tomato and their own secret sauce. You wont see it on the menu, it on the secret menu, also you can get an order of fries animal style too.

Perhaps I'll have you come and meet me for lunch to show me how it's done Don...it's in your neck of the woods. ;)

PS: this thread is making me hungry. :drool:

(Stu, Darren and the others are probably staying away from the thread out of a sense of self preservation!)

I've spoiled myself lately, no burger joints cut it anymore. I recently started slow smoking my burgers. Make them about 3/4" thick with a slight dent in the middle, then put them on the grid for about an hour to hour and a half at 200 degrees with some apple and cherry pellets...come off juicier than all get out...yum, can taste that smokey flavor just thinking about it...ok, now I've made myself hungry. :D

I think Animal Style grills the burgers in mustard. I will have to try their AS fries as I agree with Brent, the basic ones are not that great, but if it comes with cheese, spread and grilled onions, I could have a change of heart :D:D, or is that heart attack? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What I find interesting is that Hardee's & Carl's, Jr. have different scores & different positions on the list - when they are the same chain. The only difference between them is the name, and that's just what part of the country they're in. They're Hardee's in the Midwest, where the old Burger Chef chain they bought out used to be - everywhere else, they're Carl's Jr. Same outfit, though.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm" :huh:

-Kevin in Indy

Here's the In-N-Out "Secret" menu...

http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp

A number of the places on the list are new to me, living in the southwest all my life. I suspect there are a boatload of locally-owned independent burger joints (or small local chains, like Blake's Lotta Burger* in NM) that could give the restaurants on the list a good run for their money.

* Double meat Lotta with Hatch green chile and double cheese FTW. :D