Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fridays here

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Fridays here

So whats going on. I'll be rebuilding the top for the Altar commission. Whats on your plate,
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Tonight we have our nephew for a spend over with our daughter.

Tomorrow I get some shop time in the morning to finish up my new lathe tool/grinder cab and cut up some blanks. Then we will watch the IA State v. Iowa football game out at a friends farm with a bonfire and cookout to follow. FALL is HERE!!!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Going to check out a few flea markets, as the auctions have slowed down with winters approach. Sunday, church and ..........homework.

Steve...you gonna make it thru the winter with no auctions? Do you recognize withdrawal symptoms?
    Meanwhile, I'm working on the buffet refinish for loml. My first try at French Polish so I'm kinda sneaking up on it. She is happy so far so guess I'll be OK.

Today and tonight...LA County Fair. Saturday...last-minute Viking prop construction for my BIL. Sunday...who knows?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm going to have that long overdue budget session with the exchequer... and we're going to set the punch list on the house. Quotes for the new roof sometime next week, then it is time for renovation. July is coming and we have a ton of work to do.
    -Ned

It's another 3 day weekend for me. Going appliance shopping tonight, Nebraska Furniture Mart is having a 30 month no interest deal. Picking up a friends trailer tomorrow and loading up tools Saturday or Sunday morning. Take possession of the house on Sunday afternoon, so hauling most them over and starting on projects there, same for Monday.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Celebrating EID, which is the celebration after the month of fasting. Visiting family and friends and eating a whole lot.

Same things I was supposed to finish last weekend.

Except for tomorrow - spending the entire day in a class on starting your own business given by the Small Business Administration and SCORE.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Working on the pie safe I started Saturday. Sunday going to my daughters house out by the seacoast for a cook out.
    Steve has got me so interested in auctions that I've been searching the local papers every day for one. I'm not sure why but there used to be 4 or 5 old time auction houses around here but they have closed up. Can't find one anywhere.
    Faith, Hope & Charity