Replacing the fence

Chris Mul

last year we bought this place and we knew that we had to replace the fence at some point in time, so last month we decided to take it down and build a new one.

This is how it looked like, concrete posts with panels, the concrete posts were not really long enough with the loose soil we have here, eventhough they were set in concrete, it didn't took us long to take the fence down.

4842661583_155f964fc4_b.jpg

We dug holes for the new posts, set them in concrete, attached new rails and gravel boards

4847662614_31e913ac94_b.jpg

4847041519_9e56efd510_b.jpg

4847041639_b643e1c745_b.jpg

4849916221_0a2ec29437_b.jpg

4849916603_6bdf9d0c03_b.jpg

4849917159_e9edfb59cc_b.jpg

4850537572_87b6a97946_b.jpg

We started this on Friday and on Sunday we had it all done,

The next project was a bin store and a raised flower bed - pictures to follow

Chris are you and Allen Levine cousins or family. You two guys are like production shops. :D

That was good going you must have had good helpers. :thumb:

Sure looks neat and you painting it as well.

Chris, was there a murder in the second picture in the middle of the street causing you to get on this project so fast and furious? :huh: I saw the chalk outline and was just wondering!! :rolleyes::D:rofl::rofl:
Anyway, WOW!!! :eek::eek: That is one awesome fence!!
One thing I don't do when building fence is use concrete around the posts. Posts rot off quicker as the concrete blob is constantly wet. Plus around here if not below the frost line, the posts will heave quicker/faster. Great looking place!!

Thanks for the replies

The chalk lines is to outline the putholes in the road, the council still has to fill them up

and yes I have some good helpers, The wife, and my two sons. things wouldn't go that quick without them

That's a great improvement, Chris. :thumb: I'll bet the neighbors appreciate it, too.

Great-looking neighborhood, too. I like all the trees.

Oh and by the way Chris, welcome to the family! I somehow missed your first post. Don't give your specific mailing address, but if you would put your locale in your information, we would know general location and if anyone is close to you to drop by and hassle you!! :rofl: Not really to hassle, but when answering a post, it many times is easier to know a general location for an answer. :thumb:

but if you would put your locale in your information, we would know general location and if anyone is close to you to drop by and hassle you!! :rofl: Not really to hassle, but when answering a post, it many times is easier to know a general location for an answer. :thumb:

didn't need to , the clues were

round speed signs,
driving on the other side of the road,
black socks in summer ,

had the be UK

just teasing ya ,

Did some one die , against that neighbour's big tree
(the one with the cross on it )

Looking Good Chris, Question about the property lines though. It looks to me that the fence line goes around the first tree and then on the inside of the second? It looks like the fence line continues down the road further? Why not just go around the other tree too and keep it all in a straight line?

Looks like someone hit the one tree recently and that the fence had been fixed before? :dunno:

The reason for the fence to move arround the tree is due to a reclaim of ground by the council some years ago to make the crossing on the corner more visable.

and yes last year a car hit the tree and fence