1/4 sawn, kiln dried, rough cut prices

In a local farm paper I subscribe to, the following article has been listed for years. I called this morning. Here is what it says:

FOR SALE - KILN DRIED quartersawn....*White Oak, *Rustic Hickory, *Maple, *Red Oak, *Knotty Pine, *Beechnut, *Cherry, *Walnut. Ph.

So to my question, 1/4 sawn rough cut boards, kiln dried. I asked the price per board foot. The man that answered the phone stated for the two species asked, "7/8 Rustic Hickory is $3.00 and Knotty Pine is $1.25, planed one side and edged."

So, I didn't ask, don't know, what does "Rustic Hickory" mean to you folks?

Are these prices high?

He did state he sells high quality wood and many times saws up veneer logs for higher quality boards.

I possibly will be close to him next Saturday buying feeder pigs. I plan on stopping to look the wood over. If the deal on the feeder pigs falls through, I plan on hooking to the flat bed trailer instead of the stock trailer and dragging it along in the event the wood is what I want.

Don, Larry, Tom and others interested, yep, this might be the start of the kitchen/bath redo! :eek::doh::eek: If the knotty pine is nice, this will get me going faster than waiting on the wood from the logs in my pine pile. Since it is kiln dried, do I sticker it when I bring it home and put it in my unheated mint tubs?