Mystery wood - SOLVED!!

Excellent call, Rennie. :thumb: Somewhere, somehow, I'm betting your dad's grinning about as much as Jay is in that photo. :D And now the wood's going into a device that'll make lots of people smile even bigger than that. How cool is that? :clap:

Well done rennie!!! your special wood will continue to make others enjoy life more as it continues its journey...once again well done rennie and jay will have his GRIN refueled for a long time:D:thumb::thumb:

I really don't deserve any praise (but thanks anyway:eek:). This was a no-brainer. There is nothing I could have made from this wood that would have been appropriate for the species of wood, nor be in line with its heritage. On the other hand, Jay needed this specific type of wood and it will become the heart of an heirloom piece. In a way, I'm being a little selfish in that I have, by way of this gift, not only satisfied Jay's need and made him very happy (most deserved, I might add), but I have secured a place for something passed on to me that will serve to bring enjoyment to many for generations to come. I know Jay will treat it with appropriate respect and I am positive his craftsmanship and skill will make the wood sing!