I know it aint the official safety week but nothing stops us having a family safety week just to keep it up front in our minds.
I thought given some pm discussion i have had with new members that we could have a post to raise the issue of safety in the shop and have a bunch of us regulars either add to this thread and link to prior info you know exists to highlight the issue in our shops and how we have tackled them. Try to keep it going for a while by mining some of our existing data here and linking to it.
It sure has helped me become more safety concious on every front to be able to hear the talk hear.
So to start with i will make a list of the issues i am thinking of that we could all elaborate on in this thread.
Glens recent drill press thread for dust collection at the source
- Air safety Dust collection for this of course reference source is Bill Pentz. Dust masks of a reusable nature and face guards.
Alans mini cyclone build thread.
Alans Building a cyclone to fit my needs
Vaughns Hot Rodding a HF Dust Collector
Vaughns More Vital DC Modifications
Ok so anyone can add and take on a topic. I have covered a few dust collection ones that to me were very significant.
- Hearing safety as in using ear plugs or sound proof earmuffs.
- Electical safety as in on off switch access
- Machine operation safety re the use of push sticks, splitter, blade guards, hold downs
- Fist aid kit in the shop
- Restricted access to the shop by kids
Look at this like a review of past seasons, just to get the fall program in the shop going.