Brake pads and Rotors your brand choice

Rob Keeble

I have got to change my brakes and am going through the motions of researching brake pads and rotors for my jeep awd v8 hemi.

About to put new tires on too.

Anyone of you got a recommendation on a good quality brake pad and rotor. I am not a street racer but take my car safety seriously and have been burnt so hard in the past with the Dodge Caravan since arriving here i am going to do the whole job myself. Just having a hard time finding a brand and product that has good ratings.

I have got to put both rotors and pads on all 4 wheels. Since i have had the vehicle the idiot before me did not bed the brakes in and i have been living with way less than satisfactory brakes. ( warped discs).

Thanks in advance, i know we aint mechanics but woodworkers have cars too.;)

I've been working on cars for awhile, but I haven't been doing it for money in quite a few years. For the pads I put on the family mobile, I chose something from Advance. I'm sorry, I don't remember the brand, but I think they were Wagner.

For my car, I think I might be trying Hawk pads. These Brembos make a lot of dust.

I am not a street racer but take my car safety seriously and have been burnt so hard in the past with the Dodge Caravan since arriving here i am going to do the whole job myself. ;)

Rob, I think as you get past a certain age, you begin to think you never see anything new. First time I have seen "street racer" and "Dodge Caravan" in the same sentence. Thanks for reminding me that I have not seen everthing yet!;)

I had the guys at work replace the fronts on my wife's 1999 Caravan with some ceramic pads I got at Autozone. First time I've used ceramics, but I really like them. Good stopping power, and I haven't noticed any dust like the metallic pads produce. I'm so sick of explaining that to new car customers that I didn't want to hear it from my wife too!! :D
And so far, no squeaks or squeals. Been on about 10k now. Jim.