Hate it and it ain't started, deer season

The neighbor to the south has leased out his 40 acres. I don't like the guy and we have already had our first run in. He is trying to tell me where the property lines are.

He busted up in here last year, during a rash of break ins, no less. Gravel sliding, the whole nine yards. Demanded to know my name and all the sorts. When the 1911 was "exposed" he calmed down. Guess that hole in the end looks rather big.

Going to be nothing but problems this year I can just tell.

Hell , shoot the guy and get it over with LOL , Just let him know he is not welcome on your property for any reason. That means retrieving deer or anything. Let him know you will prosecute. AH"s don't understand kindness.

Here ya go Steve a sign for ya to put up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 124
Steve, at least he didn't try to kick you off your own property. Has happened to me a few times. I once booted a State trooper off my friends place. He did leave politely. Turned out to be a misunderstanding on property lines and a neighbor who let people hunt my friends place because they aren't always up there.
One guy got all up in my face and demanded rudely "just who I was" in not polite terms. I told him "I'm certain I know who I am" and that "I also am certain that the property line is behind you about 100 yards and you better get moving". These were new neighbors to my in-laws place who moved in from Chicago. We had a talk about how customs in the U.P. are generally more polite and neighborly and that if you kick a hornets nest you generally regret it. :D They didn't get it the first or second time but we gave them a few years to deprogram from big city etiquette. and they sort of calmed down.

Good luck with your new neighbor.

Negative anticipation of an event that my not even transpire, Me thinks you need to pour yourself a Bourbon and chill out...

Last edited:
Steve I managed a couple hundred acres for 20 years to hunt. Then the new mega homes started getting built around the edges. People telling me where there property lines were I would LOL and tell them their trust passing. Sometime I would come out of the woods at them in full camo with face painted and yell at them , that put the fear of God in them. city folk are easier to deal with them urban farmers. Good Luck

I haven't had property lines or rights concerns until about two minutes ago. There is a survey team going around my property lines right now. The rich guy behind me was never going to sell. Now, it looks like he is. He surrounds me on three sides with woods and has no problem with me shooting or hunting. But, if it sells, anything can happen. :(