Mortising Jig Finished Picture added

Rob Keeble

Well i finally finished my mortising jig that comes out of Carols book pg 55 for those who have the book.

Will post a pick tomorrow but if you want to know how to build the jig you will have to buy the book.

Now on to doing my mortising in my vanity table. This jig has been a great project on its own. If you like an all sorts kind of jig build this has it all.:D

Cant wait to use it. Got finished this evening but was too late to take it for a test run.

Sorry for the delay in getting a pic or two.

Router mortising jig.jpg Router Mortising jig (2).jpg

Last edited:
Ken, Carol is the "Router Lady", and one of our very own here. This jig is out of a book she has written that was (recently?) published.
Side note to Carol if she reads this...can we order the book from you and get it autographed? Or do we have to catch you on tour for that????:rofl: Jim.
( I really would like to have an autographed copy.)

Well, since Don said it was out of print, I ordered through Amazon. I didn't realize it had been out since 2003. I got the one, or one of the ones, that a Habitat for Humanity was selling. Thought the money would go for a better cause than someone just selling the book. So I guess I'll have to wait until Carol comes this way on a trip, or we go visit friends in Tuscon and find a way to meet up with her in AZ. :thumb: Jim.

Just a note: I got my copy of Carol's book in the mail today. If it is used, it's only because the original bookstore is not who sold it to me. The binding hasn't been broken or creased. No writing. dscn2753.jpg Must have been one that a business didn't sell and donated to Habitat for Humanity. Anyway, I'm thrilled! Jim.

Jim its a great book, i am still actively reading it. I plan on building all the jigs and bits and pieces in the book. I reckon once i have done that i will be suitably educated to use my router and get a decent return on it.

Toni its a dream this jig. I used to to knock out the mortises the little vanity table project. It did 8 mortises in a matter of minutes and all perfectly the same without me even marking the wood with a pencil.

If one is thinking of running a production run of any item that has several mortises this is definitely a go to jig for ease of use and repeatability along with accuracy. I find myself wanting to do bigger things just to try it out. :D