Almost there

Drew Watson

Well it was coming down buckets this morning ( 40 cm / almost 2 inches in 2 hrs)and we thought it would be a day to work in the shop. I actually was able to get the canoe back up on the ceiling and am able to get access to the lathe again. :thumb: I was able to get some organization done in the shop and then it stopped raining and the sun came out so back outside to deal with the pond again and was able to get lots done on that today. just have to get the rocks around the water fall done and that is it. :thumb::thumb: anyways here are some pics of how it looks now after the mess. Now I just have to figure how to get rid of a pile of rocks :dunno:.

Attachments

• Pond 014 - Copy.JPG
    Pond 014 - Copy.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Pond 018 - Copy.JPG
    Pond 018 - Copy.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Pond 021 - Copy.JPG
    Pond 021 - Copy.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 24
  • canoe 001 - Copy.JPG
    canoe 001 - Copy.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 24
  • canoe 002 - Copy.JPG
    canoe 002 - Copy.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 24
  • canoe 003 - Copy.JPG
    canoe 003 - Copy.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 23
  • canoe 004 - Copy.JPG
    canoe 004 - Copy.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 21
  • canoe 005 - Copy.JPG
    canoe 005 - Copy.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Pond 025 - Copy.JPG
    Pond 025 - Copy.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 23
Nice pond you have there Drew. Interesting you should post this, on Sat afternoon i am in my shop and get a call from a friend. He tells me to take a brake and come on over and see his pond with cascading waterfall he just finished. Could not believe how much it cost to put the waterfall in. He spent something like $600 bucks just for the liner. :eek: Made his own weir from 4 inch pvc which he cut a slot in and used a sump pump at the other end to pump a head of water in 1.5 inch pipe up to his weir hidden under the rocks. But his aint nothing like yours.:thumb:

Nice pond you have there Drew. Interesting you should post this, on Sat afternoon i am in my shop and get a call from a friend. He tells me to take a brake and come on over and see his pond with cascading waterfall he just finished. Could not believe how much it cost to put the waterfall in. He spent something like $600 bucks just for the liner. :eek: Made his own weir from 4 inch pvc which he cut a slot in and used a sump pump at the other end to pump a head of water in 1.5 inch pipe up to his weir hidden under the rocks. But his aint nothing like yours.:thumb:

Thanks Rob, it is a labor of love. I look at it as being a vacation that just keeps on giving. Walk out into your own little paradise with the sound of running water and the heat lamp on, solar lights and a nice cup of tea it just takes away all the stresses that Life can throw at ya. Once the fish get to know you they come right up to you when you feed them and will actually eat right out of your hand. One of our late fish use to swim up and right into my hand and just sit there.

Yea Ponds are right up there with boats and RV's in costs or at least they can be. I deal with one place "west coast Koi" as I get a better deal if I deal with only one place. The liner 20x20 was around $300 (Rona was selling the same liner for almost 700). The skimmer was around 350 and the water fall kit was around 350. 3000 gph Pump around 400 with 1 1/2 non crushable flex hose. The pond has 1500 gallons in it so all the water circulates once every 1/2 hr. That doesn't include the check valves and the Slate and Blocks and ..... I figure around 1700 all totaled ( without fish). Fish can run from 12 bucks up to 5000 ( yea that is not a typo).

I actually got into the shop tonight and did some turning again. Boy it has been awhile since I turned last. Though it was nice as the wife bought me a new turning smock that I had not tried before tonight. It was great to not have chips all over my arms and down my shirt.