Going once, Going twice.......

Stuart Ablett

.........Going 25th time......... :rolleyes:

I've got my old C-man lathe up on Yahoo Auction here (like E-bay) the end of the auction was a while ago, but people still bid with 20 seconds left to go on the auction, at which time the auction resets to 10 minutes left :rofl:

it started out at about $280, and is now at about $380 :thumb:

So I'll be able to add that to the turning fund :D

Still waiting......... checked again.... $390 :type:

Hope they keep fighting it out.

Funny thing is, the guy that I'm buying my slow speed grinder from, he sells the Rikon Midi lathe for about $430...... I'd buy that before I'd by the C-man lathe, but I guess if you want to do long stuff, maybe the C-man would be better :dunno:

Oh well, nothing like a little auction fever :wave:

OK it went for about $390 :D

Half of that will get used up buying the slow speed grinder, but that is OK, the rest goes into the turning fund, minus Emiko's fee for setting up the auction.

Well, that is one thing sold, got a bunch more to do......... :wave:

Cheers!

OK it went for about $390 :D

Half of that will get used up buying the slow speed grinder, but that is OK, the rest goes into the turning fund, minus Emiko's fee for setting up the auction.

Hmm, Computer consultants services. That's about $75 an hour (with friend/family discount) minimum 3hrs plus expenses and travel time...
There you go, then I see that you owe Emiko about $35 then. :eek: ;)

Congratulations, Stu, sounds like you scored with that sale. What do you need a turning fund for? You've got tons of turning stock squirreled away. Thought you'd put it into tools or shop flooring or some such.

best,
...art

The turning fund is for tools, video tapes, tools, more tools and did I mention tools?

:D

I'm going to get a larger diamond hone too.

I've been skewing around in the Dungeon, and I find I really like the all mighty skew, but I have one that is good, 32mm wide by 8mm thick (1 1/4" x 1/4") the P&N one, but I want one that is more on the 5/8" range. I bought an oval one that is about 1/2" from Wood Craft, a "Pinnacle" brand, not good steel, and the oval shape has no heft to it, I can flex the steel in my hand with ease..........

Alan Lacer has some that are something like 5/8" square, should be not flex in them :D

Cheers!