13 days and counting

as much as I ride my staff and as much as I drive my wife nuts, crunch time, they are standing right next to me and I know my back is covered.
I assisted my entire staff in securing jobs, and compensated them all for their support right till the last minute last night.
I was concerned with some of the younger partime college kids, but much to my suprise, they start working the new job as early as friday this week. These young college kids really need jobs, they not only support themselves, they assist their families, so knowing they secured jobs made me feel a little better about leaving and retiring.(I dont owe anyone anything, but when you work side by side with people, its almost as if these kids were related to me)

took out 17 of my employees and some former employees as well as my immediate family(no friends, there just wasnt enough time to arrange for that many), we went to a local restaurant and a few of the employees stood up and made short toasts/speeches/roasts:none of which bothered me, almost a bit embarrassing since we werent the only ones in the restaurant, but everyone there knew who retired by nights end.
My wife made a toast, my daugher prepared a mushy speech, and my son, well, he made a short toast, and ended it by saying, "besides, Im glad your finished working, because I really want my bar!"
Then I stood up, being my usual charming/obnoxious/direct person I am, and said, I want to thank you all for the kind words and for coming tonight, but hey, looking at my nephew, I yelled not you, you just wanted a free dinner. eh, ya hadda be there.

If you are retiring, this is a perfect way to end a career. Surrounding yourself/ myself with people that were there all along for the ride.

(on a very positive note: I assisted 2 of the college girls who worked for me, both got new jobs already and start orientation tuesday, and every one of my former employees whether part time or full time found jobs and all are starting by Nov 1st. this was a big concern of mine, I didnt want anyone to lose an income right before the holiday season. Now I can rest)

Last edited: